180.3 db World Record Set Today

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1263
"For Immediate Release:

Kansas City Missouri, October 15, 2005 - IASCA Competitor member Scott Owens of Team Edge Audio, Tempe, Arizona has accomplished what many once labeled the impossible. In the IASCA IdBL competition lanes at the USACi / IASCA Unified Finals, Scott and his team broke the 180dB mark for the first time in Soundoff history. Never before on any meter, in any country, has this SPL barrier been broken. The new world record in IASCA IdBL was recorded at 180.3 dB and was backed up with a second run matching the first. Scott competes with his Silver Ford F150 in the IASCA Ultimate 4 Division.

When asked what Team Edge Audio did to reach this milestone, Owens said, i½I attribute it to long hours, good record keeping and unrelenting teamwork. You cani½t get where you want to go, unless you identify what you did to get to where you are. Our team members work very well together; and with the support of our sponsors Pioneer, Scosche, Kinetik and Ohio Generator we have the tools and knowledge to edge out these incredible numbersi½.

Owensi½ score was measured on the IASCA SA 3056 SPL meter with the SPL 190 pressure sensor manufactured by Audiocontrol. Chris Kane of Audiocontrol was at the event and remarked i½iti½s amazing! A decade ago we got some strange looks when we introduced the SPL 150 microphone. Iti½s a good thing we developed the SPL190 sensor; now I wonder how long iti½ll be before we need the i½SPL 200i½.

IASCA Worldwide Director (and former IdBL champion) Moe Sabourin said i½I know what it takes to squeak out those last few points at the top of the SPL scale and all I can say is that Scott and his teammates has what it takesi½!

Complete results of the IASCA Competition at the Unified Finals will be posted right after the event; please visit www.iasca.com."

Bronze Member
Username: Madeupname

Post Number: 39
holy $hit wasnt that theorized to be possible only by changing the atmosphere around the enclosure?

Bronze Member
Username: Eddyg519

Post Number: 16
hot damn, i hope there is a video for this.

- Eddy

Silver Member
Username: Audiobass10

Cape Coral, FL United States

Post Number: 291
Good score.

Now meter it on the TL.

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1052
dont they use a TL?

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 1070
I doubt they do. But if they did.... d@mn.

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Post Number: 554
What type of bump is in this guys trunk? lol. Seriously, are they prolly running like 60-70k watts? What type of subs/amps/alternators/batteries are these guys using?

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1056
some competitors run like 120KW

Gold Member

Post Number: 1266
"What type of subs/amps/alternators/batteries are these guys using?"

"Our team members work very well together; and with the support of our sponsors Pioneer, Scosche, Kinetik and Ohio Generator we have the tools and knowledge to edge out these incredible numbersi½"

these are the subs
http://www.pioneeraus.com.au/car_entertainment/subwoofers/tsw5000spl/

Gold Member

Post Number: 1071
They're pretty cheap too, but I question their ability to even produce "sound" and their ability to last....

Gold Member

Post Number: 1277
"What type of subs/amps/alternators/batteries are these guys using?"

specifics: besides the extensive work done to the truck itself, in 2002 he ran nine ts-5000spl behind a 2" sheet of lexan. each one strapped to four rf bd 1500, 6000watts/sub. all powered by 72 turbo start batteries w/unsaid number of ohio generators.

he recently switched it up and dropped the fosgates. he now runs 13 ts-w5000's powered by 52 prs-d5000 amps.

"They're pretty cheap too, but I question their ability to even produce "sound" and their ability to last...."

the subs retail for 900.00/pop. mechanically, they are very durable. anything that takes abusive power at this level of competition has to have exceptional structural integrity. although they probably do lack on the sq side of things (understatement). but of course at 180db that's probably a moot point :-)
thermally, the ceramic-clad vc are supposed to be extremely durable as well (according to scott and others). i'm an sq(l) guy amyself, but this seems to be quite the accomplishment.

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1062
i wanna see zacdavis try for the world record highest spl record achievable lol... because he uses digital designs. put 8 9917s with those 52 prs-d5000 amps :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1079
All I can say is....

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2421
haha, i just got that. lol

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1078
i didnt...lol ..what?

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2423
it means he would say nothing.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1322
by the way guys...

scott owens did a 179.7 on the TL and set a new world record on the B&K w/ 180.2

*speechless*

Gold Member

Post Number: 1086
Yea, we'll I can hit 210db under sea level with my two 12" Audioburns and my 2,000 watt Sony amp. Glasswolf told me so!

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1324
well...my lil sister did 139.3dB w/ ~25-30wrms and a compvr 8" in her barbie jeep

so

Gold Member

Post Number: 1092
Lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1093
Is it just me, or is this forum starting to get slow?

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 3243
Its just you.:-)
j/k
Thats some nice spl scores.

Silver Member
Username: Lanzarchamp

Bakersfield, California United States

Post Number: 122
yeah you guys would shoot me when i tell you that i wanna hit 130's in my golf cart, but its true

Gold Member

Post Number: 1103
*pulls his gun out*

JK - that would be shweet. I need a little project like that.... wait... I'm selling all my stuff....

Bronze Member
Username: Eprussian07

Post Number: 60
I think Marshalls little sister got us pwned :-/
lol. Those were some awesome pics by the way:
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/168578.html

Some good stuff ! ! !lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us