Got 1st at the competition...so did my lil sister...:-)

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1309
ok guys,

i did a lil better than the 146.6 that i posted saturday...i got it up to a 147.3
I won in my class and got 3rd over all.

I ended up beating out bunch of guys that i though were gonna stomp me...a guy w/ 6 memphis M3 12's in a suburban, a guy w/ 8 8" kicker compVR's in a lil dodge truck w/ a kicker xs100, a guy in a 2 L7 10's on a kx1200.1 in an S10, and a guy w/ 2 pioneer premier 12's w/ ~1500wrms in a jeep grand cherekee.

the guys w/ the 8 compVR's 8's and the 2 L7 10's are the owners of Naff's Audio in Natchez, Ms. The 8 8's did 147.2 and the L7 10's did 146.x. I am utterly amazed by the bp1200.1 and SX15. (i wonder if i can squeeze a 148 out of it :-) )

My little sister's mini SPL machine (a powerwheels barbie jeep) w/ 1 compvr 8" and a stock chevy CD player (no amp..just the HU, prolly ~25wrms) was a huge crowd pleaser...when she burped, half the crowd went insane. Get this guys...SHE DID A 139.3!!! (beat about 5 guys systems in their cars...lmao)

I'm gonna post pics in a little while.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2400
dynamat your entire vehicle, and your number will increase.:-)

or w/e other sound deadener you like.:-)

Silver Member
Username: Robert_d

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 234
ha thats prety funny
and there was no amp on the compvr ? just the hu powering it ?
i gotta see pics of this ... you sister owned

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3880
Your sisters score, was it measured in the port? Because 139.3 with an 8" sub running off a headunit, in a barbie car with no cabin gain makes absolutely no sense. I believe you though, that musta been funny!

Bronze Member
Username: Eprussian07

Post Number: 54
Dude that is amazing, Good job! I can not WAIT for some pics ! ! ! Keep us updated ! !

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4090
yeah I gotta see that! lolol I wish I was there.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4091
good job on the 147 by the way:-)

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1311
Upload
my box vs. her box

Upload
had to brace my box w/ threaded rod and a 3/4" mdf brace.

Upload
her setup, rite after the build...(that "podium" w/ the HU and batt used to be a sealed speaker box, i just cut the baffle off)

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1312
Upload
she has to run the HU in the comp...i'm showing her what button to push

Upload
the judge metering the box, she's running the HU...the guys watching the computer were going crazy...lmao

Upload
trophies (they ran out of 1st place trophies, so they just gave her a 2nd place one)

Upload
her and the trophy

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1313
yea...they meter it in the port. It was just powered by the HU, i'm guessing that 8" is getting ~30wrms (at the very most)...i had a 150wrms amp i was going to use, but it turned out to be broken.

one guy got mad that she beat his score, so he paid the extra $10 for a rerun and still couldnt beat her.

Anonymous

marshall

where was your score metered at, and was it on the new TL?

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1314
My score was outlaw (in the floor) at a USACi event in pineville, louisiana.

yea...on the TL

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3884
Hahaha, that's awsome. I hope she drove all around with the trophy and pis.sed everybody off.

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1315
yea, she drove all around the car show.

Bronze Member
Username: Eprussian07

Post Number: 56
This has to be the coolest post Ive read in a while :-)

Silver Member
Username: Camaro155mph

Post Number: 259
marshall, will the RE 12.1 be louder than your amp with an SX15? I'm going to be putting my SX15 in a 3 cubic foot box tuned to 32Hz. Think I could hit low-mid 140's???

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 3561
congrats man awesome scores for you and your sister!!!...what frequency did they burp your sister at and what size was the enclosure and such?

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1320
she peaked at ~92hz...lol, the box is ~.75cuft w/ a 3" pvc port 12" long (cant remember that is tunes to)

my box is like 6cuft and my SPL port is 90sq inches, it tunes to box to 46.4hz i peak at 50hz.

mike,
you should be able to do lower 140's pretty easily, even w/ a box tuned thats tuned low. my box has interchangable ports so i can just unbolt my daily port and drop my SPL port in.

i'm gonna make a flexin video tomorrow w/ my daily port in...the back glass and passenger side door goes crazy. (w/ the daily port the box is ~5cuft tuned to 31hz....if i can get a girl to stick her head in the cab, i make a vid of my hair trick too :-) )

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 3562
thanks man... take a peek at some of my ideas on your 146 help post for next time ok

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1321
yea,

I'm thinkin about doing a 10" flared PVC port instead of my 10"x9" port next time. I have heard that aero-ports (flared pvc) work better in some installs, they are supposed to be alil more efficient.

i'm going to have to flare the pvc myself though...i found a how-to guide on doing it awhile back, i guys it wont hurt to try.

Silver Member
Username: Camaro155mph

Post Number: 261
is it correct that a box tuned to 28Hz will have better SQ, but less SPL, and a box tuned to 40Hz will have more SPL but bad SQ? I figured a happy-medium of sorts would be 32Hz. I have heard that this is a good number to tune to if you listen to a lot of rap.

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1081
what exactly do u mean by flare?

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1323
instead of just regular PVC, you "flare" it like this:

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=268-352

now imagine that...but w/ a 10" pvc instead of 4" :-)

Anonymous

Marshall, what numbers do you have to hit to do a hair trick? also, doesnt it help to do them low? like the mid 30s?

Silver Member
Username: Tdisanto

Post Number: 456
"is it correct that a box tuned to 28Hz will have better SQ, but less SPL, and a box tuned to 40Hz will have more SPL but bad SQ? I figured a happy-medium of sorts would be 32Hz. I have heard that this is a good number to tune to if you listen to a lot of rap."

No i dont think this is true. Your subs will be loudest when you play the freq that the box is tuned too. So if your box is tuned to 25Hz with the same subs as a box tuned to 40Hz, they should yield the same SPL at their respective freq.

Silver Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 309
Good Job

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10781
the higher frequency tuning is more efficient so it will be louder, but moe boomy and less musical. generally too "warm" and being ported, it rolls off steeply below the tuned frequency so you'll lose a lot of low bass.
if you want more SPL though, tune the box just above the resonant frequency (sympathetic freq) of the car's cabin.
usually closer to 55Hz

34Hz is a good place to tune a 12" sub box.
you have a 15" I think, so I'd suggested 28Hz because the sub has a lower Fs.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4793
Marshall, too bad you didn't paint your little sister's box pink or purple, it sure would've made it look better and atract more younger kits to the show.

Silver Member
Username: Racer501

ND USA

Post Number: 154
man that is sick dude i never heard of such a thing you should try and get up to 150 db's that would b awesome i doubt it's possible with that lil of room but ya never know if that is frigin tight tho!!!!!!!!!

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 1121
Dude, your little sister is cute (I mean this in a good way). Reminds me of my sister when she was that age. It took her awhile to start to like my "loud music". Now she loves it...

Can't wait to get her a car. It'll be a REAL car. Probably an old Camaro or something. We'll restore something together, that way she can go stomp the sh1t out of everyone... Heh. Sisters...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us