Quick q? Orion or MB Q.

Bronze Member
Username: Comp98

Philadelphia, PA USA

Post Number: 67
Looking for a multichannel amp. Both are in the same price range (Quart cost $50 more) both are 'Highly recommended' on most top brand lists, but Orion is made in China and MB Quart is made in USA by parent company rockford.

it's the
MB Quart Reference vs the Orion 8004(Newer Model)
both are 100 watts RMS @ 4 ohms x 4

p.s. Gonna match each brand to a mono D amp.
So 1 orion multichannel= 1 orion Class D
or 1 mb Quart multi-channel = 1 mb quart Mono.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10665
between the two I think I'd go with the MBQ reference in this case.
I've seen the design specs for those amps, and if the specs were accurate, they're very nicely built amplifiers. High quality internals.
That amplifier should perform very well.
Both are good products though. You wouldn't really go wrong either way.

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 3042
I'd stick with U.S stuff.:-)
Both are nice companies though.

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 277
I thought MB Quart were german?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1141
They originated in Germany but RF bought them over about 4 yrs ago & now their products are made right next to RF's - but somebody correct me if i'm wrong but i think reading it somewhere that some of their components are still being made in Germany .

A very recent thread ran here that MB was recently again bought over,this time by Maxxsonics who make Hifonics,Crunch Autotek ......

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4592
Check the country of origin first. Lot of the amps are no longer made in the states. Don't go by the brand name alone.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1143
This is that thread

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/163058.html

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4895
While I'm not a huge Quart fan, it is a shame to see them bought by Maxxsonics. Maxxsonics has already announced that they intend to maintain MBQs German manufacturing facility and "cross-pollinate" it with other Maxxsonics products. You could say they "might" improve things, but once you hear interviews with Maxxsonic corporate people mentioning wider distribution and consumer base, it usually means a cheap product for a cheap price so the masses can afford it, all the while relying solely on the brand name. Especially when Maxxsonics shows intention to give MB Quart the same treatment they did for their "success".

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 279
I think my MB Quart were still made in germany... It has "MB Quart" and beneaht it "German Engineering". It's the RCE 164 copmonet set of 6.5" midbass.

Cant find anywhere that says made in germany though...so who knows? Could just be using the german design, etc.

Bronze Member

Philadelphia, PA USA

Post Number: 71
Probably the next bathch of MB's stuff is going to be made by Maxxsonics. Why do you think you got your MB Quart for so cheap Rovin?? Probably a discontinued product.

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 3049
Thats a shame.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1144
I had a feeling so but i don't mind that @ all - maybe it was meant to be because we are now hearing of this takeover so i prolly got 1 of the last good models .

If Crutchfield brings back that offer i might be tempted to get another & deafen myself with 2 15 SX - lol

A few companies like www.discountsjungle.com still has it for $380

Bronze Member

Philadelphia, PA USA

Post Number: 72
Well, I did it! Choose the MB Quart amps to power my components and sub. Thanks for the advice guys.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us