MB Quart Goes Down

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1019
http://www.maxxsonics.com/news_MBQuart.html

first RF, now this garbage. never been a fan, myself. but i still had respect for the brand.
nothing is sacred in capitalism, particularly in car audio.

Orion
PPI
PG
Soundstream..

who's next?

Bronze Member
Username: Tdisanto

Post Number: 85
thats f up... who is next.

Silver Member
Username: Quickshot

Charlotte, North Carolina U.S.

Post Number: 259
wow i though that MB Quart was owned by Rockford Fosgate..now its owned by the same garbage company that owns Hifonics wow...thats a drop of quality

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4362
The cheap ba$tard$ are turning all the US companies into Sony. Soon you'll have no quality left.
At this rate, probably in several years, products made in the states will be equal to the ones made in China and India.

Silver Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 717
Er - what happened , Rf sold off all their shares ?

Who knows - they ,maxx probably would let MB run its own show & just sit by collecting all the $ MB makes .

Hopefully they won't make MB dilute its quality ....

Bronze Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksbutg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 56
huh what happened to rockford fostgate merging them to us market an crap and this music i so G#Y on that link it plays for a 7 seconds and repeats but skip a beat it sux

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4810
Actually, MB Quart was making Rockford Corp. lose a ton of money every quarter, around $750,000. I'm sure Maxxsonics has plans to cheapen them, that's pretty much the only way to make MB Quart profitable right now, German labor is so terribly expensive and their labor laws are much different than ours, you just can't kill a company and lay its employees off. They'll do the same as everyone else and ride on a nameplate for as long as possible.

Now that the damage is done, I honestly hope that Quart makes Maxxsonics turn belly up. I'm tired of seeing cheap crap dilute the marketplace. It's far time for the high end companies to make a stand, right now quality audio is at an all time low.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4376
That sounds like Sony.

ECON
Unregistered guest
I am glad that I bought all my MBQ back in the late 90s...prior to any change in ownership.

That was some awesome stuff!

Bronze Member
Username: Excesslancer

Atlanta , Ga Usa

Post Number: 17
Thats what happens when you charge people too much for ok "car"speakers!!! there are so many other cheaper better options!

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4867
MB Quarts had potential, but it didn't come from using the passive x-overs. The 6.5" Qs with the midbass in kicks and the tweets in A-pillars worked well, the Quart mid played clean to 6khz. That was one of the more popular competition setups in the 90s.

I'll still take my Dynaudios, personally.

Username: Ologyaudio

Columbus, Oh USA

Post Number: 2
:-) indeed there are many other options that are better for the money than mb quart :-) -- PS Where are all the moderators??? I posted a question in the suggestions and feedback forum because I couldn't find a moderator to ask lol... I'm kinda gonna not talk too much till I find out if its OK to talk about my new components here :-) -- not in a spamlike way... Ive been utilizing caraudio and carstereo forums -- Excesslancer should recognise me from there :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1131
the moderator here is like the wiz (as in richard prior).
we're pretty much out here for self. but he will scratch an account if the spam gets too great. your question does not constitute such spam.
have at it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1132
oh, and welcome.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us