What do you think?

Username: Tyler33

Post Number: 8
I Think I am going to buy 2 10 inch Visonik V108D4 subs. RMS of 500 watts and a msx of 1000. For those subs I want to get the Nitro 1600 4/2 channel amp. Would this be a good combo. Would it be pretty loud and overall sound good? I dont know much about this kind of stuff. Is that easy to set up in a car? Let me know anytthing you think or any suggestions you have. Thanks in advance.

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 187
I think you need a new name damnit...My name's TYLER!

Silver Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 518
Whats your max budget ? - those brands u mentioned are like bottom of the barrel entry level stuff .

Post Number: 9
200 bucks. I know there not real high. But once you start paying a lot I thought that was pretty much for a name. WIll this give good sound though? It doesn't have to be super load. I just want something to get a bump with, and as long as its clean and good, I'll be happy.

Silver Member
Username: Rob315

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 598
for $200 you can get a much better amp
ex/ i just picked up an orion xtr pro 1000 for $190 shipped...its used but it works extremely well.

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 529
This is your sub ?
http://sonicelectronix.com/item_4145.html

try this instead same price range/power but a better brand

http://sonicelectronix.com/item_4045.html

http://sonicelectronix.com/item_2529.html

http://sonicelectronix.com/item_5528.html

Post Number: 10
yea them are the subs. Are they pretty good? Im only 16 and am just getting my car and everything. If I get any of those subs what kind of amp should I get? I dont want to drain a lot of money. Please help me out, thanks.

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 547
Er - can only 10" subs fit your ride or will u consider a 1 12" or 1 15" sub option instead ? .

1 good sub (& amp) will costs u less & still give sufficient volume/bass .

Whats your max budget for both sub(s) & a amp & will u be buying a box or making your own ?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
I have a 98 monte carlo. I have to hall around a lot of hockey stuff so I dont want to take up much room at all. My dad and I are going to build the box.
My full budget would be $200-$250. I would like to buy the stuff off evay because I can get it a lot cheaper. Like a pair of those subs on ebay are about $80, other places there $180-$200. I dont really need something super loud, I just want good sound quality with some bass.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Hey guys I am going to go with the Alpine SWR-1042D. I am actually purchasing 2 of those. What sub should I get? I dont want to spend a lot of money. Im spending more than what I though I would on subs. COuld you give me a couple of good amps to look at? Thanks in advance.

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 208
I still think it's time to change your stock name to a high output name...

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 564
I see u like my idea of those Alpines - how about this amp if $ is really tight ...http://sonicelectronix.com/item_4097.html

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
Think I can get anything cheaper? Should I search for that off of ebay. What RMS should I have to push those subs?

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 587
* 500 watts x 1 chan. @ 4 ohms
* 1000 watts x 1 chan. @ 2 ohms
* 1500 watts x 1 chan. @ 1 ohm

Only other brand this is not among the very worst would be Power Acoustik which is a step below Hifonics but i'd say don't drop below Hif .

Yeah - do ebay & research the seller ...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Looks like I am going to spend the extra money and buy this amp. Will it push those fine though? I'll have a pretty loud system(it doesn't have to be really loud), I just want it to sound good and be clear. Also is tough to build your own box and set it up in your car? DO I have to buy installation stuff to install this in my car?

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 595
Both your subs need 1000wrms together , now understand that the consensus on this forum about Hifonics is that they are overated meaning they put out roughly about 70%(won't bet my life on the exact figure) . So lets estimate 70% is the figure 70% of 1500 = 1050wrms .... reasonable enough i'd say , if in doubt u can get a slightly even bigger 1 from Hifonics .

NOW FOR ALL WHO'S READING THIS - OBVIOUSLY THERE ARE BETTER BRANDS , BUT HE'S ON A VERY SMALL BUDGET !.
(had to post that cause a ignorant guy on another thread dissed me for rec cheap brands to ppl !)

I currently have subs that put out 800wrms together & thats more than enough for the average person .
As u know $ is 1 of the major factor in car audio - so while your system is not el cheapo or 'da bomb' it should do good enough .
Takes about 4hrs or less to build a box - pretty simple . Does take time to set it up in car because of the positions u have to be in while installing - but its not hard @ all !
Read this as they can describe it to u better than i could ever www.bcae1.com & www.the12volt.com & tutorial section of www.crutchfield.com

Hope i was helpful cause some dipstick in a different thread said i'm useless .
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/161679.html

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
One last question, sorry I dont know a lot about this kind of stuff. Lets say I dont want real loud music, and I just want something like a nice bump so other people can hear my bass, but not emazing loud, I can do that right? I noticed on my cd player it has a thing I press that says sub output and I can change it from 0-5, can I actually turn the subs off? Do I adjust the bass with my cd player like I usually do? Also since Im buying this stuff of ebay does it come with everything to hook up? If not where can I buy all the instalation stuff for cheap? Thanks again.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
Rovin also what subs do you have and which amp is powering it? Just curious.

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 625
Was allowing other ppl to have a go to help u out .

I currently have 2 'econo' Pioneer TSW306DVC 12s 400wrms in a ported box currently being temporarily powered by my bro's 2000wrms Power Acoustik 2100 amp with gains turned down of course .

But click on my profile to see what i'm about to do .

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
Can anyone answer my questions in the post about 3 up???

Bronze Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 75
Unless its a pre loaded sub box than no, it will not come hooked up, but since all wires are the same you can get them cheap off of ebay as well. (Just get good RCA cables)

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 637
Be brave Tyler I. - setting up car audio is not hard , make sure your rcas are plugged correctly , right side onto right side ,left to left & match + connections to + & vice versa & all current wires likewise .
Its all about getting some confidence & the experiences as u go along .
Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
Ok, thanks. So I can determine if I want to have my subs really kicking or not going at all but changing by sub output to 0-5?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
Anyone???

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1272
i don't see why not, if they start to distort, simply turn down the bass boost or sub level controller, whatever it is.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us