are you looking for SPL or SQ?

Username: Quorum

Dallas, Tx

Post Number: 7
just a really hard clean bass

Silver Member
Username: Car_bangs

Post Number: 110
i cant believe this sh#t what the f%ck why do people compare subs to jl.i bet once again my old school jl dub 6's would give that memphis a very tough time, ingnorance is what it is. i haven't even heard the w7's but i already know. just becuase u should know i wont answer your question. im a kicker fan but i still recognize jl purity. do as you wish

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 775
calm down freedom...lots of people are new to car audio. they might only know of a few mainstream brands (jl, kicker, memphis, infinity, alpine, etc.)

quorum lopez,
out of those two subs, i would choose the w7 for clean sound. I'm not a JL fanboy, but i just feel that the JL would be more what your looking for. (as a matter of fact, i dislike JL)

What kind of budget do you have? some of us here on the board may be able to recommend other subs.

Dallas, Tx

Post Number: 8
wow "freedom" this is a message board isn't it? well alrighty the w7 is probably what i'll do..i had 2 l7's didn't like them very much... i can spend about $1500 for sub and amp

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3444
lol how about x.x.x lol

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 778
quarum,

You may wanna look at an RE x.x.x. 12" or 15". You can get them for less than you can get a w7, and they are very good subs. Personally, I would take an x.x.x. over a w7 anyday.

You could get an x.x.x and an amp for less than $1000.

Bronze Member
Username: Trunkbangin

Post Number: 35
i a memphis fan to the heart and to tell the truth jl is hittin i got two 13w7 in a crx and pound like thunder but it has been proven to me at the local car audio that memphis lvs 15 will hit harder than the 12w7 also the mtx 9500 will hit harder than the 12w7 and i have heard this for my self i take nothing away from jl and i would not sell my 2 13w7 for nothing thats how much i like jl

Dallas, Tx

Post Number: 9
what kind of amp was pushing the memphis

Bronze Member
Username: Trunkbangin

Post Number: 44
i think the 1000d or the 1100 one of the two but both are damn good subs i own a memphis system also and a jl audio

Anonymous

Hey freedom,

"ingnorance is what it is. i haven't even heard the w7's but i already know."

Remember this line:

"volfenhag makes a surprisingly good sub that nobody seems or wants to know about"

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/135176.html

Silver Member
Username: Alpineuser

Winchester, TN

Post Number: 322
the lvs isnt that great of a sub, you could get a memphis mojo and send that 12w7 running home in spl or you could buy a x.x.x and beat it in spl and sq if you ask me. w7 isnt the best sounding sub by far its mainly a spl sub with a little sq, if u want sq get the 12w6v2

Silver Member
Username: Alpineuser

Winchester, TN

Post Number: 323
oh yea and jl doesnt make the best they make good stuff i will give them that but you can have much better for cheaper
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us