5,000 Dollars to dish out on the best system

Derek Armstrong
Unregistered guest
Ok guys i'm looking to build a really nice system and I have plenty of cash. I'm pretty new to the car audio scheme so i was hoping i could use a few of your expert opinions. What is a really nice looking head unit with good features? What receiver would you guys reccomend? What equalizer? I drive a subaru wrx sti so i have limited space and i want to fitmy subs in the trunk. I was thinking 2 12W7's (maybe 13's... do you think theyll fit?) I was gonna go with Jl's pro box enclosures. What kind of amps will i need? 2 of the jl 1000/1's look like a prime choice. Will i need an extra battery? I was thinking maybe an optima. What kind of highs and tweeters would help equalize the bass? Thanks for any help i really appreciate it guys.

Derek

Derek Armstrong
Unregistered guest
Oh yeah I was wondering are there any other big boys out there that measure up to the w7 with better SQ?

Bronze Member
Username: Cory

Canada

Post Number: 70
i would think the mtx 9500 series would but ive never heard it in person

Derek Armstrong
Unregistered guest
I heard the mtx has pretty good SQ from what i've read but it lacks power. I know it has 1500 watts but it doesnt hit as hard as the w7 from what ive read... can anyone clarify this for me? Also if u could help me out on my setup like i said i need an entire system. Thanks a lot guys

Derek

Bronze Member
Username: Cory

Canada

Post Number: 71
you might find alot more help if you went into the caraudio part of the forum, i own mtx so i can't recommend any thing from jl sorry

when you click on amps/subs,etc.. to the left it says car amps/subs,etc

Username: Clock

Dell Rapids, South dakota Minihaha

Post Number: 1
ya go fu*k ur mom

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1972
the 9500 lacks sq and spl unless its in a Snail Shell Enclosure, its pretty weak, ON the MTX website it compares the 10 9500 properly powered, properly enclosed with a 10w7 and they are VERY similar, but the real difference in them is that, when the 9500 series goes up the specs and power of the sub doesnt, but the w7 line, or basically about any other line do go up and will outperform this sub. The only sub that MTX will be able to brag about will be the 22 inch jackhammer. it will be a pretty amazing sub.
If your looking for subs to stack up against the (everything i say will be cheaper as well and will be better, not equal) W7 in sq, look at IDMAX, Eclipse AL, Jlw6v,
in SPL, look at the RE MT, Eclipse TI, MTX Jackhammer(not released yet), RE prototype(not released yet), RE x.x.x, ummm there are alot.
FOR BOTH look at the RE x.x.x and the ECLIPSE TI, the Ti will be better sounding and hit harder, the x.x.x will sound better, and hit slightly harder but requires more power than both of them and the TI requires the least
for
Hu's look into- Alpine, Pioneer Premier, and Eclipse
Amps-Eclipse, JL i cant remember any
Subs-Anything i Mentioned really.
Wiring-knuconeptz
Dont forget a new ALternator
Capacitor-only get if you get the new alt, and they are all the same, rule of thumb 1 farad per 1000 watts
am i forgeting anything! here are some suggestions

Head Unit- Alpine CDA-9820XM $289.99
Wiring- Knuconcepts $100
Component Speakers- MB quarts $100-200
Component amp- JL e4300 $260
Sub(s)-2 12inch Eclipse Al 88120 models of course $230 each $500 for both DVC 4 ohm
Sub Amp- Ednine.1 fun at 1 ohm giving you 1200 watts rms 600 to each sub(subs highly underrated) $350

this would be a great sounding system! comes to like 1710, but i overpaid for everything here so you would save some, and you still need a box, but this would be amazing

CD5425 eclipse @ cartoys 269.98
jbl gto 1201.1 289 ebay indo audio
eclipse ti 12 319 ebay
ported box 75

so you are at 950 ish before installation although that car toys price may include installation

aslo this head unit is sirius compatible and i dont think the 5444 is

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1977
oh yea, on the subs i did mention but didnt give prices, here they are, if you have questions feel free to ask, or email me, bebuzzin11@hotmail.com , and my aim name is nushaganazad

but here is RE's price list
This is for their 2004 line-up

RE8- $49
RE10- $59
RE12- $69

SE10- $149
SE12- $169
SE15- $199

SX10- $239
SX12- $249
SX15- $269
SX18- $309

XXX10- $359
XXX12- $369
XXX15- $399
XXX18- $429

MT10- $409
MT12- $419
MT15- $449
MT18- $479

there is a $25 charge to upgrade the MT or TripleX line to a quad voice coil configuration.
umm lets see what else did i mention ok here is eclipse prices

Eclipse Ti 15-like 350-500, 500 from woofersetc.com, 379 from electronicgiants.com, this is where i got mine, and its prolly THE best sub i mentioned.
the 12 is like 325-350
15 inch Ti-350-500
12 inch Ti-325-350
10 inch Al-230(do NOT get the eclipse al 7100 series get the 88100 MUCH better, 30 dollers more though)
any thing else ill be glad to help

thumpin4u
Unregistered guest
naw just get two 13w7, 2 1000,1 for bass. i agree with the rest. that is the best of both worlds and you know you be taken care of by jl.cause they have great wuarantees. that sh!t would certainly drill!!!

Username: Rugerfan

Sacramento, California United States

Post Number: 8
5K would about cover the velodyne DD-18. You will be happy but broke afterwards.

Unregistered guest
What do u think of the eclipse sw9182pro, sw9152pro,sw9152, sw9122 etc? they any good.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3968
AMAZING products

big roberto
Unregistered guest
help me out here i want a top of the line system tell me what i need!!!! please!!!!

asdfdsfafds
Unregistered guest
alpine type x's are teh way to go

Username: Audiobahnguy

Post Number: 2
get a 10,000 watt peak amplifier any kind u can find and bridge a MTX JACK HAMMER!

Silver Member
Username: Touche6784

Post Number: 450
can you people take this to the car section. its getting really annoying.

Anonymous

just get a rockford fosgate

Anonymous

how much is the mtx jackhammer that was on mtv last night?

Username: Audiobahnguy

Post Number: 8
the retail price is $5000 for that 22" jack hammer,but we should take this to the car audio section before something happens.

Anonymous

Well i need some pro help. I need to find a good sound sys for my room under a $1200. Any 1 have any ideas on a good amp n woofers n stuff?

ps: More than 350watts least.

Unregistered guest
If You want true SQ then go with Focal Speakers and audison amps (hand made in italy). That will give you the best SQ you can get. Point blank.

Unregistered guest
If you really want to design a kick as* system email me and I'll help ya out.

memphis mojos
Unregistered guest
I wouldnt go with the JL 7's personally...if u want a system louder than 2 13inch JL 7's for the same price...go with 2 12inch M3MOJO's and trust me..u will be happy!copy and paste that site and there are your mojos! i know a guy that had 2 mojos and he blew out his windshield. these r some great subs
http://69.93.14.227/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=2131

Silver Member
Username: Gavincumm

Post Number: 279
for SQ, I would reccomend Morel, which are STUNNING for car audio, with a pair of Eminent Technology Planar tweeters. That would rival some home systems.

Anonymous

I am looking to purchase some type of 13.5" sub for my jeep. Can anyone recomend the best type sub for the for the least or best price?...

Unregistered guest
I got one 12"W7 that's powered by an MTX 81000D THUNDER, and the sub sits in the sickest enclosure ive ever seen. All plexiglass enclosure made to the specs on the owners manual,the whole thing weighs about 110 Lbs. There's also a 'JL' logo carved out of plexiglass gaurding the woofer that was screwed on with 6" bolts. My Power wire is a 0'gauge or something, its an inch wide. All the components match up in quality. But that box is what I think makes all there difference. I have it strapped to my back bumper (inside the trunk) using mechanical restraints both parrallel and horizontal to were it just sits there and dumps out the deepest bass I've ever heard.I have to fold down atleast one of the back seats at all times, preferably the the seat behind the passenger because the port on the box hit the back seat behind me,its a 2 door 97'Dodge Avenger.You can here me coming from a 1/4 mile away. I only meant to complement JL's W7, and MTX's Thunder Amps, most importantly, whoever made that plexiglass box.

Unregistered guest
i would go with 2 13w7. 2 1000/1 jl amps. ull b hitting high numbers and sounding good doing it. dont go with kicker cuz they are loud but sound crappy and they dont last very long. myself i run 2 12" rockford p3.

j diddy
Unregistered guest
Well if you are wanting some bad azz speakers you could try matts audio juggernauts,cerwin vega strokers, or personally my favorite soundstream xxx.(they have best sq with amazing bass). If you purchase alarge watt mono amp like the st 6500 watt mono amp or something of that nature you could drop your ohms and independence levels to make your amp work less and hit harder. jls are a awesome brand but thereare alot of high-end speakers out there. Another company to look at is phoenix gold, they have been in the game for a long time. Good luck picking a system i wish i had a crap load of money to blow!!

Anonymous

How does the new 12" Kicker L7 stand up against the 12w7 from JL???

Unregistered guest
Hey, Well If U guys want somting better than the JL W7s GO with THe MTX 9500 It Blows The JL AWAY !!!
and a few pointers for the Guy with the subaru WRX
GO Buy some COmponents speakers like 4 and buy about 2 pairs of tweeters and put them in the back and front, TO get clear Highs Get an amp to power the tweeters and Ur mids{COMPONENTS} if u get regular speakers they will easily distort . . . If ur buying 2 JL W7 13in . Make a custom enclosure to make more space available and if u cant make a custom box Idunno lol just do sumting Get a deck with a built in EQ so u dont have to spend extra for an equalizer . Um POwer the Suba about 70% of the peak power . . . well thats all the tips i have for u MAN and IF U GUYS WANT A GOOD SUB GO WITH THE JLS lol if u wanna Kill a JL go With MTX 9500 If U Guys want PURE SPL Get the Cerwin Vega STROKER PRO . . . And If u Guys like SQ AND SPL WITH GOOD LOOKS go with The Kicker solo X and L7s
K guys Peace

Anonymous

Um Audio Heads MTX Jackhammer Is Awesome And the JL audiuo is comming with a New SUB JL PRO AUDIO W13
5000watts RMS and 10000watts Peak Um . . . 20 in like the Jackhammer And is about 250 LB without the magnet cover and 280 with the magnet cover . .

Bronze Member
Username: N8d1

Baltimore

Post Number: 41
280 lbs! That's crazy. Sure, your ride might sound great but you wont be able to get it's butt movin' with all that additional weight. :-)

Silver Member
Username: Yukhui

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina USA

Post Number: 285
Has anybody noticed that he Jackhammer was hitting around 130 dB's in that video? I just read about a pair of 6.5" Tang Bands doing around 131 dB's with 100 watts. I'm just saying there are WAY better deals for the money, the Jackhammer sucks.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1720
I recommend a Rotel rb985 for the hammers, I run them in my closet at HOME

Gold Member

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1721
You may also try the new Macintosh amps, also in use at my HOME STEREO.

Gold Member

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1722
Velodyne PL12 is a very good sub with bass management for the HOME STEREO enthusiest

Gold Member

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1723
Lowest bass is not the only consideration for HOME Audio listening

Gold Member

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1724
Dual subs can be useful for filling spots in a LIVINGROOM

Gold Member

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1725
Aseperate amplifier can be used to power passive subs in a HOME THEATRE

Gold Member

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1726
Powered subs are very common in a HOME THEATRE

Gold Member

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1727
10" powered subs are very ffective in the HOME

Gold Member

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1728
Do you detect a co-incidance here?

Silver Member
Username: Davidpa

Portland, Oregon US

Post Number: 156
well said nuck!

Bronze Member
Username: Jeffless600

Post Number: 56
Forget the jackhammer..its actually 369lbs from the mtx website and is ACTUALLY $7900.000 dollars... and needs a TRUCK/SUV to fit in properly. Its for show..

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1477
WTF, how the he11 is this thread still alive, it started all the way back in januaray.

Bronze Member
Username: Custom_boxes

Post Number: 55
fock them jls go get the new re xxx cheaper an i hear there better

Bronze Member
Username: Ryanshaw3ball

Post Number: 12
THE MTX JACKHAMMER IS A HORRIBLE choice. you could buy 3 or 4 18" re mt's and some really good amps for half of what the jackhammer cost by itself.

Username: Shortysetnies

Post Number: 10
Subfanatic said to buy from Indo Audio... DON'T. Read this , https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/210729.html, to find out why. I have been screwed over by them and I am not the only one. Plenty of other people say the same. It has been almost 4 months and I still don't have what I bought. Just tryin to look out for everyone. DO NOT BUY FROM INDO AUDIO!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Lewass

Boomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 396
SUBFANATIC RIPS EVERYONE OFF - BE WARNED
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us