Elemental designs

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 826
So, how are there amplifiers, i've heard great things about the subs but i'm really interested in there amps. The nine.1 to be exact, run it at 2 ohm for 900 watts rms to an IDMax12 or maybe a brahma or RE X.XX...i cant deside between those 3 subs...

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 198
All three are great subs, obviously, I'm sure you've read of the IDMax's wonderful SQ. The Brahmas and X.X.Xs may want a little more headroom than 900W though.

Silver Member

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 837
yea thats my problem, i know the X.XX and brahma would like some more headroom but i dont have the money for an amp that could effectivly power it, i could get a Hifonics Brutus 1500D and run it at 2 ohms for 1000 watts and run an XX.X but i dont know, i've heard mixed reveiws on hifonics, also i figure that The ED amp would be a nice clean 900watts RMS

Silver Member

New Jersey US

Post Number: 199
Yea I'd get the ED amp over the Hifonics in a heartbeat, so I know where you're coming from there. I got myself one of the Orion 2500d amps, so I'll see how that goes once I get everything in my truck.

Silver Member

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 838
i'm really thinking about just getting that ED amp and running an X.XX off it, it'll be 900RMS of clean power, ot choppy cr@ppy power like i'd send it to with the hifonics (not to knock hifonics, i'm sure its a great product but i doubt it really puts out what it says it does).

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 399
well actually the nine.1 will 1500 watts clean at 1 ohm at 14.4 volts so and 1200 at 1 ohm at 12 volts

Silver Member

New Jersey US

Post Number: 200
Oh, then get the standard dual 2 ohm X.X.X with that amp and you're definately set there.

Silver Member

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 840
Would it be alright to run that amp at 1ohms? you also think that since that 900@ 2 ohms is 12 volts and that'd it put out slightly more at like 14.4V?

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 404
yes that amp is 1 ohm stable and will run higher at 14.4 volts

Silver Member

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 846
i'm just a little apprehensive of running an amp at 1ohm, so i think i'll take my chances running it at 2 ohms, and hoping for the best. IP've got a 140amp Alt, it was meatn to power a wenc.h and a huge lightbar and i opted to not get them so i gotta run the amp off that, (the cars a lease so itd void my warrenties, not to mention my dad wont let me)...it can runn 800 x 1 @ 4ohms with no problem what so ever without even a cap (yea dont tell me about the cap alt thing, i already know)...

Silver Member

New Jersey US

Post Number: 203
If you check the ED website, it'll tell you if the amp is 1 ohm stable. If you decide you want to run a single X.X.X at 2 ohms, you'll have to special order it a 4 ohm DVC, instead of the standard dual 2 ohm. As long as it's stable, you'll be fine.

I wouldn't worry too much about a cap if you have a 140A alternator either.

Silver Member

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 851
So you think my XX.X wil be alright with like 1300 watts to it?

I guess i'll run the amp at 1 ohm, i see the amp has a cooling fan built in and i was planning on having another fan blow on it so id think it would be ok...

i was thinking, wouldn't it be easier to run just for example 1000 watts at 1 ohm then 1000 watts at 4 ohms because theres less resistance, and less resistance means theres less force? is my thinking logical and correct of just plain wrong?

Bronze Member
Username: Eric77

Post Number: 76
The nine.1 will run fine at 1 ohm. You dont even need a fan. I have had mine running at 1 ohm for over a month without the slightest problem. I have even heard of people running it at .5 ohm, but I would not try that since it voids the warranty.

Silver Member
Username: Erik123456

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 354
doesnt ID make ED ? or is that just crazy car audio forum rumors lol

JuNGLiST
Unregistered guest
But would'nt an amp run cooler at 1 ohm than at 2 because of less electrical resistance?

Silver Member
Username: Johnnylemoine

LaPlace, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 369
im pretty sure it will run warmer at 1 than at 2. But if it is stable at 1 ohm then you dont have anything to worry about.

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 479
but there is also more current running through it at 1 ohm then at two, twice as much

Silver Member

New Jersey US

Post Number: 218
The lower the resistance, the more current that is coming through, so the hotter it's going to get. As the impedance lowers, the amount of Wattage you'll get out of it usually will increase as well.
1300W should be enough for the X.X.X, just don't clip it :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Rob_brown

Post Number: 95
What is clipping? i learned some time ago, but i forgot, and i keep hearing about it. sorry

Silver Member

New Jersey US

Post Number: 220
There's another thread currently up which has info.
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/119889.html
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us