Getting rid of my system

Bronze Member
Username: Deva

Croatia

Post Number: 12
I'm starting new system, going for 1 12in. in ported box. I'm into SPL bit more than SQ ( like 70% for SPL and 30 for SQ). The subs I'm choosing are : alpine type r, adire shiva, kicker cvr, memphis power refrence, infinity perfect, mtx thunder 7500. Any advice appriciated.

Bronze Member
Username: Deva

Croatia

Post Number: 13
btw, sub is going to be powered by mtx thunder 421 amp, so i guess shiva is off. Please help me out guys.

Bronze Member
Username: Squanto

No, No Usa

Post Number: 31
you could probably power one shiva with that.... their rms is 650 but thats just max power handling (sort of... maximum it can handle on a regular basis).
i had the same question, i wanted to run two sealed with my mtx 6100 d, and their tech support said that's fine (that puts about twice the power out of your amp). i have a used shiva on the way, and within a week or 2 i should get my other one new. if you want i could let u know what i think of them. Shivas have been recommended to me many times, so that's what i went with.

i hear the perfects are ok, and mtx subs sound like crap to me. ive had people recommend me the shiva over the type r many times, and i liked the way the type r sounded. if you want to upgrade your amp, you always could with the shiva. another sub that's been recommended to me is the cerwin vega v-max.

keep in mind, i havent heard these subs yet, but these are recommended by many people on car audio boards.

here's a link to a thread where i talked about this. https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/92704.html
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us