My system pics..... check it out :-)

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5176
Finally I got around to doing this...... I've been meaning to take and post pics forever. Here we go:

The sub: Digital Designs 9515f

The box: 4.25 cu.ft. with ports 38 hz (the one you see there) and 47 hz

The amps, mounted to the back of the rear seat

American Bass VFL-200.1, 3000w to the sub.

Alpine MRP-F550 4ch amp bridged to 2ch. 250w X 2 to the speakers.

CDT HD-52 component speakers. Had to modify the doors for a custom installation of those, the stock speaker location was in the dash below where the white inspection sticker on the window is. The mids are in MDF enclosures built to specs.

JVC KD-AR880 headunit. Front panel USB input rocks.

200 amp alternator from DB Electrical

t9

Odyssey 1500 battery. It's bigger than the stock battery and I had to modify the tray a bit to get it to fit. Those bare terminals are covered now.

t10

Some more stuff

The crossovers for the speakers are mounted where the stock speakers were.

Amps fit nicely in the back with the seat folded back up

Amp internals, American Bass:

AB

Alpine:

Comments please, what ya think :-)

Silver Member
Username: 94_toy

Post Number: 127
M.S. I cant see anything :-(

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1618
pics would be sweet man!

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5177
Ya do now :-)

Silver Member
Username: Gh0st_31

USF, FL USA

Post Number: 671
Nice setup. I'm sure it gets LOUD

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5178
Ah, wrong picture on the last one. Here:

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 2980
nice dude

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1619
clean that wiring up man! Looks good though. Bet it sounds good too. I like the ports man. You build the box?

Gold Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 1816
X2 on the wiring but besides that nice setup looks loud bro

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5180
Thanks guys.... I had Canaan build the box. Wood work is one thing I don't do, haha.

About the wires, when the seat is up the amps and wires aren't visible.....

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3226
Nice work. What size thumb drive does the HU support? as far as 2-4 or more gig? And how do you organize songs on it? And are those Marine battery terminals? They look like mine which are... Nice job.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5184
Thanks Marc..... On the battery the clamps are Stinger, the ring terminals are from knukonceptz. This battery has SAE top terminals, and GM style side terminals. The factory wiring is connected to the side terminals.

About the USB: It says it supports most USB devices with a FAT32/16 file system. I haven't tested anything larger than 2GB. The manual says it is supposed to support hard drives also. It plays MP3/WMA/AAC/WAV files from the USB.

It has up and down buttons which skip by folder and then the foreword and back buttons skip by track.

Gold Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 1352
Nice set up dude! Have you hit a TL yet?

I was in the same boat for having my amps and wires on the back seat, so when folded up you couldn't see anything. No my box is in the way so I can't lift my seat up!

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 12185
B....e....a...utiful job man. Very clever to hide the crossovers where you did.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3230
I just got a 4 gig and put about 760 songs on it. I have it sorted into 16 folders, Alternative, Bass, Rap, ect. and then alphabeticle in the folder. I love the USB feature. Roughly 50 cd's at my fingertips. And the voice indexing program that Kenwood uses is pretty dope. PhatNoise.

And the 250x2. Is that at 2 or 4 ohm? Either way thats a lot of wattage. I would be hesitant myself to run that much to mine, even if they were rated for it.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5188
Haha yeah I saw that in your vid..... the JVC don't do that haha. But yeah once you have USB you can't not have it. It's like broadband internet vs. dial-up :-)

Heres the specs on the Alpine amp:

RMS Power @ 4 ohms: 2 x 250W RMS (4ohms, 14.4V-BTL, 0.3% THD)
RMS Power @ 4 ohms: 4 x 90W RMS (4ohms, 14.4V, 0.08% THD)
RMS Power @ 2 ohms: 4 x 125W RMS (2ohms, 14.4V, 0.3% THD)

I have the gain cut back a bit so it's running ~175-200w X 2 until I get upgraded crossovers for the components....... from what I've heard the crossovers that I have aren't built to handle that much power.

Thank you Paul..... it was easier than putting them in the doors. Plus no chance of water getting on them.

Mike:
Hasn't been on a TL yet. Trust me though, next time there's a comp around here :-)

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

KY More Wang Th...

Post Number: 4031
looks like secks

Silver Member
Username: Teamrevolution

ATLANTA, GA USA

Post Number: 206
Nice install, looks sharp

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 2 DD3515s, 2...

Post Number: 5779
Nice man.
Looks like that carpet job on the box turned out nice too.

Just try a few wire ties and split-loom on those wire, that will clean it up fast.

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 1523
Nice. I had to do the same with my mids. What size are those boxes? Mine are .073 cubes, stuffed with polyfill. They really stick out lol. Any bigger and I wouldn't be able to get to the clutch.

Silver Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Admiting your an a$$ho...

Post Number: 399
looks good man love the door boxes and the DD box looks sweet interchangable ports ftw wish i hadem

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5194
Thanks guys.

Cam, those boxes are 0.05 cu.ft.
I didn't really WANT to have speaker boxes surface mounted on the doors, but had no other choice with this vehicle, so I just had to dress it up as good as possible. Sound > looks :-)

I was able to flush mount the tweeters in the door panels.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

IM THE REAL SLIM SHADY

Post Number: 16549
looks awesome matt. that is a beast right there.

love the speaker box you put on the door. :-)

Gold Member
Username: Volfenhagking1600

SSD Wangin, Shawano, Wis... USA

Post Number: 1120
nice setup, i always wanted a 9515...how long did it take for your alt to ship to you?

Gold Member

BC Canada

Post Number: 1528
Yeah, it looks pretty good in yours lol. Mine pwn the doors.

"Sound > looks"
ALWAYS lol.

Car audio > car rims

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5202
My alternator took like 2 weeks to get here, it seemed like forever, haha. But I remember someone else on here bought one from them and got it in a few days........ so IDK what the deal is.

Cam you should get some pic up of yours. BTW I'm rollin on stock rims, haha. I'd like some chrome aftermarket ones, but $

Silver Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 462
m.s. how do you like that jvc deck?

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5215
I like it a lot. The two major features I look for in an HU is a high quality DAC (JVCs arsenal series has that), and USB support which this has. The price was good also, I thought I was going to pay a lot more than $150 for a unit with those features.

I only have one complaint about it: It doesn't function properly below ~20 degrees, and where I live that means I can't use it until the car warms up in the winter. Not that big of a problem since I often use my remote starter to warm it up before I get in, but still.

Also, thanks everyone else for the comments.

Gold Member

BC Canada

Post Number: 1563
"Cam you should get some pic up of yours."

Done.
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/431272.html

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Http://illuzonemu.serv..., ^^^Sick Game

Post Number: 7409
M.s i actually dont like u alot man but u got a nice system bro...

your banging harder than me :-) im bassless :-) gotta love the interchangable port.. but my tip is to paint the whole box but if your with fabric buy a fabric spray paint and chose the color of your itnerior... and paint the fabric so it will match the color too...

nice abtteries,nice amps, nice box, and nice system cool man.. mad props..

not to bash you or anything but u said the major fact that you chosed the jvc was for the DAC converters.. yes their one of a good points of chossing a good receiver...

but nto to let u down or anything but that dac is delivered from sony and use a modded chassis from the xplods series with a diferent dsp chip from jvc...the digital to analog converter are pretty much the same if their in the same bit... the only ones that stand out fromthe rest are the burr brown ones... that companies makes the best dacs but their only founded on higher end model that are costly...

im not saying your headunit sounds like shyt quite contrary i have a sony xplod cd player that is really cool and it has same chassis abd internals except the dsp chips than the one u got...

yeah that is gonna be a problem with those displays.... the problem u have is that they kind freeze or they show alot of letters and they react slow right??? yeah thats the problems of most cd playes thats why oem manufacturers use lcds.

good shyt right there u can also find a 10gb hard drive get a hard drive enclosure with usb connection and hide the harddrive and run the cable to the extension of the jvc player and ur all set wiht a 10gb storage..... thats the max that headunit i think it supports

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5217
Agreed burr brown DACs are vey nice. But I dare you to tell the difference between them and another 24 bit DAC on a car stereo. I can't and don't know anyone who can.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Http://illuzonemu.serv..., ^^^Sick Game

Post Number: 7410
well i think i can..

first u have to see what type of dac your deck is using...

is that an oversampling dac??? or just a pulse width modulator dac?? or they might be a binary dac,segmented or even a hybdrid dac...

so we cant even compare because if we compare two "xs" receivers having supposed "24bit Dac" but their both diferent types od digital to analog controllers...

for manufacturers is easy hey we got a 24bit dac... the high end got too but we got it for cheaper... << yeah that migth be true but their might be cheap dacs and oversampling dacs and the other might be a hybrid one...

also u will have to see the type of dac it is.. if it has good thd output or bad manufacturers dont even say it..

they jsut say "hey we got a dac :-)" so thats why i dont go only for the dac.. i want a 24bit dac in a receiver but that is just a plus nto the main reason i buy it for..

my pionner 980bt burr brown dac 24bit i know its good but they jsut dont even give you what type of dac.. not only the dac is the reasona cd player has good sound... it has to have good output supply,good chassis.. and good functions and specs..

but anyway man good install

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5716
looks good, just a few questions though

for your speakers are they sealed in a little door box or is it basically just IB?

and from the pics it looks like their is wood around the sub that didnt get carpeted and it looks like you didnt take the port off when you painted it? i dont know might just be the pics but good install none the less.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5224
mat dope:

The speakers are in MDF boxes mounted to the doors. IB sucks.........

Around the sub there is a gap between it and the carpet. There is a rubber gasket of weather seal tape under the sub to seal it. Same for the port.

The box is carpeted, and I painted both ports.

Silver Member
Username: Wylie_coyote

Post Number: 152
daym man, das a good setup you got there, but thats some big @ss box aswell.

you killed it dude, after all this time we finally get to see your system
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us