Cam's system install pics... Check it out... Whatcha gonna do about it MS?

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 1531
Yeah, I jacked your title.

Anyway...

Head Unit: Panasonic CQ-C7103U
Upload
Upload

Front Stage: a/d/s 245ix
Using the passive crossover, but I'd like to get a set of 6 and a halfs and go active. NEED MORE MIDBASS! I really like the tweeters, though. All the speaker wire is run through the body. That was not a fun weekend lol.
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Amplfier driving the components: eD NINe.4
Great amp. eD is great. Anyone trying to tell you otherwise is hating for the sake of hating or behind the times. The wires go through the hole the previous owner created for a 6x9. Crossovers are mounted there, too.
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Subwoofers: Mach 5 Audio MAW 12s.
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Enclosure: ~4 cubes at ~34 Hz, theoretically. I originally built it without taking into account the space displaced by the air in the port, only the space occupied by the MDF used to form the port, so I knocked that out and built an external port. I just wish I had more room to tune lower. It sounds good, and the door flexes a half inch, but I want more shaky-shake. Anyway, the new port goes all the way across the box and fires to the passenger side. I had to remove the bar that held the back of the soft-top up, so now the box holds it just as high as the bar did. I have to park on a slant, or the water pools, osmotes (if that's a word) through the material and soaks the MDF.
Upload
I'll get more pictures of it, with the seat down, next weekend. Might have alternator and Big 3 pics, too. The brush has been replaced by a block of MDF, and I'm using bolts instead of the port for getting power to the subs. 8 gauge to the bolts, then 12 AWG in the box.

Subwoofer Amp: Earthquake PHD10000W/2
Bought from /\/\ike on here. Great dude to do business with. Subs are wired for a 4 ohm load, so, theoretically, it should be producing about 1kW. When Logan's 200A alternator gets here, I'm going to wire the subs to 1 ohm and see what they'll do. Gonna go easy, though, since I'm already feeding them more than they're rated for.
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Hmm. I think that's it. Oh, I have a video. Not much happens, but it's sorta cool. That was before I fixed the port issue, so there is no flex. I was ecstatic when I noticed it flexing lol. The door was open and it was moving back and forth. Anyway, here ya go:
http://www.caraudioclips.com/play.php?vid=262

Hmm. I can't stop thinking about a pair of 16Ov.2s lol. Ask me if you got any queries.

Gold Member

BC Canada

Post Number: 1532
You can really hear the plastic rear window of the top hitting the box in the video lol.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Http://illuzonemu.serv..., ^^^Sick Game

Post Number: 7385
is that a beaver in your car????

and your system is pretty tight ur doing better than i am right now

Gold Member

BC Canada

Post Number: 1533
Thanks, man. There is no beaver in there lol. You mean between the box and the back seat? That's a brush that was preventing the subs from smacking the seat. I have a block of MDF there now.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7386
21st century FTW...

na dude its alil dirty man but hepefully u can clean it up u know how to do fiberglass and bondo???
i could help u out to clean it up...

my tip of the day is..

take out all the platics moldings out INCLUDING THE DASH..door covers etc... and clean them down as much as possible if you can with alcohol.

take out any crystal or anything that isnot gonna be painted or its going to be stock at the end.

sand everything down. chose if you want to go all bondo or fiberglass or a mix.

fiberglass it or bondo it sand it prime it sand it and then prime it and ready for paint. let it dry for a few hours or let it dry the whole night..

next thing is to buy new floor mats and clean it up. a bit.

next thing go to pepeboys they sell a package for seat covers really cool for like 30 bucks i can buy u some their super cool and they look super nice. isntall them (they come with a backseat cover too)

next thing is to bondo the blue metallic look part by the shifting knob and bondo it and paint it the way i told u to match the color you chosed for the dash.

take out the grills from the door and paint them black or the color u want.

make sure u do with every plastic molding u can take out of the car.

nest thign take out your box... sand it down wiht mid grip paper then with fine
and prime it... then sand it with fine paper and prime it again and is ready for paint...

or you could use fabric isntead of painting...

anyway thats somethign u could do to make the car look cleaner and better i know u live in canada and cars are maybe expensive but u dont have to give up liek that on cars.

we have to drive in style.. im trying to tell you for you man cuz u my friend and i dont want to know what things the girls say about u when u drive your car.

but on the system your alright man u bumping harder than me :-)

hope everything goes ok bro.... always nice to see new installs

if u can come to chicago or u leave near chicago in canada i can always help u out with your car bro..

but good luck man

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 1262
Looks good Cam :-)
Lil Rob, that was actually helpful. GJ man.

Gold Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 1366
Nice man, thanks for the ref, have you got it metered yet?

Gold Member

BC Canada

Post Number: 1538
Thanks, guys.

Thanks for taking the time to type the little tutorial, man. I'm not sure I'm gonna put any work into this body, though. It's quite rusty, and it was rolled on a highway, so it's really dented. The rear door doesn't lock, it's all bent in, I don't have a lot of the trim, etc. I'm gonna try and find one with a f.cked up transmission, engine, etc, and put that body on my chassis. Then I'll sell it to my friend (she thinks it's cute lol), and get myself a newer Tracker with more space.

BTW, I'm still 15 'til April 13th, so I don't have my license yet and no girls have seen it lol.

Gold Member

BC Canada

Post Number: 1539
No problem. Nah, I doubt I will meter. It's just for fun and entertainment. It would be interesting to find out, though. What was the difference in your score when you switched amps, and what load were they seeing?

Gold Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 1372
I like that chamillionaire song. lol

Oh and looks Loud. i love odler cars/beat up and stuff with systems shows u truly love car audio lol

keep it up

Gold Member

Post Number: 7387
so why dont u work and try to learn anew things with it??? you said it... its fu-cked up how about u try to fix it and learn new things while doing it?

Gold Member

BC Canada

Post Number: 1542
Thanks, Andrizzle.

I just can't justify putting in all the work. Obviously, knowing how to do body repairs would be great, but there just isn't much point in doing this car. The rear end is so smashed up that I don't know if I'll ever get that straight, and my system sure as hell won't be safe. You've made me consider it, though. I would probably wait 'til the summer. I get two weeks with my car, then.

Gold Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1049
My last vehicle was '92 Dodge Dakota with nothing but fenders in the front. No one would ever guess there was a stereo in that thing. Best anti theft device I have ever had.

Gold Member

BC Canada

Post Number: 1548
Hmm. That's true. My system is quite visible, though.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us