Wall building tips

Gold Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 2096
Could someone give me some tips to building a wall?? Could u recommend some subs that would do good for hair tricks this is what i wanna achieve, i was thinkin 4 12"s, 2 15"s, or 1 18" sub. The sub should hit low bass notes good and move alot of air, i think i wanna go with 2 15"s. Right now i gotta 12" Q and i would not dare buy 3 more cuz that would be alot of money plus alot of power. Can anyone recommend anything?? Thanx.

Bronze Member
Username: Nickb4247

Post Number: 11
to do a good hair trick I would say you need to be bumpin at atleast 150 db's. I would do 4 12's is you dont want to run alot of power. 4 12's will give the most surface area. Run them all off of one mono block. The amp will not "see" 4 subs, but rather one sub(the combination of all 4). When you wire subs in parallel, you increase efficiency. This will allow you to get louder with less power. Just pick some moderately efficient subs.
Ex. I used to run 4 adire tempests(15's). They have a sensitivity of 88 db's. When I wire two of them together in parallel, they remain at 89 db's, but the amp sees 96 db's. When I do this with all four, the amp sees 102 db's. Thats an increase of around 11-13 db's of efficiency. That translates to a real world increase of around 50% over running each sub individualy(each sub gets its own amp)(also assuming same overall power to the system).

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
That translates to a real world increase of around 50% over running each sub individualy --------- 1 db's is roughly a 10% audible increase. 50% translates to doing around 154-156 instead of 149-151 db's. Thats a nice little increase in SPL. Also consider that and increase of roughly 3 db's requires rougly a doubling of amplification(twice the watts). So desiging an efficient system instead of a powerful one can save money. You still need ample power but consider both when buying. BTW, efficiency/sensitivity does not play as near an important role in subwoofers as it does in higher range drivers.

Silver Member
Username: Dmm2005

DD Audio ORION, Warren Count... USA

Post Number: 432
if you wanna keep it on a budget i have four DD 1012as and an orion HCCA-d5000 that i will sell for 1000 shipped all together.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Www.15inchwangers.com

Post Number: 9361
^^^^^^nice

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
That is a good deal.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 1773
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/265572.html

My old hair trick forum =)

Silver Member

Post Number: 437
and with the right setup they will do 150s no problem

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
With the RIGHT setup. Those subs don't gauruntee 150db's. Its much easier to accomplish that in a CRX then in a ford econoline. Likewise, a few miscalculations on the box tuning or posistioning could put him well under 150db's. But, if he takes the time to do it right, he can expect to move some hair.

Silver Member

Post Number: 440
thats true...and mine will move a little hair now.

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 2098
Dayyyymn 150dbs?? I dont think im nearly doing 150dbs with my Q and i can almost do a hair trick. So i dont think it depends on dbs.

Ya it doesnt have to sound all that grea a least a little bit of sq but what 4 12"s would you all recommend that will move some serious air?? Thanx everyone.

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 2099
BTW my 12" Q is in 2.5 cubes tuned to 31.75 hz with 47.25 sqin of port and facing to the rear all the way up to the seat in a ford explorer.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2572
how much of a budget are we looking at?

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 2100
What do you think i need for 4 12"s?? 2500-3500 watts rms?? box 8-12 cubes?? 250 sqin of port area?? Facing up port rear?? Facing up and port up?? Facing forward with port forward?? Facing forward with port on side??

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 2101
Im gonna buy piece by piece so not sure what it will all add up to. Maybe $1500?? If two 15" type rs can do it then im sure like 2 15" Q's or 18" Q or a similar sub can do it with like 2800 watts rms.

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 2102
I mean about $1500 for subs and amps not including alt, wiring, enclosure material blah blah blah. Ive had my mind set on a NINe.1 for a really long time but havnt bought one im just real quick gonna throw a set up together, do u think like 2 15" Qs each with a NINe.1 @ 1 ohm with say 8 cubes and 250 sq in port area will do it??

Silver Member

Post Number: 441
if you are interested you can get my setup...im having trouble selling everything so it shouldnt be bad buying them peice by peice...email me at dmm2005@hotmail.com if interested.

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 2104
what kind of amp do u got??

Silver Member

Post Number: 444
Orion HCCA-D5000 does 2500 rms at 13.6 volts at 1 ohm

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 2105
How much just for the amp??

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 2106
Do u got pics of the amp and subs?? I really would take you up on that offer but i honestly dont trust buying off the internet off someone besides a website.

Silver Member

Post Number: 446
whats ur email?

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 2107
its thomasg_07@yahoo.com. How did that setup sound when u had it connected??

Silver Member

Post Number: 447
its still hooked up and it sounds great. It hits the lows good and thumps very hard. Trell on here can vouch for it. I will email you some pics of everything. If you dont feel comfortable buying from me i will be happy to set up an ebay auction for everything to go through a third party and you can be sure you will not be taken for your money. I have been ripped off before so I know how it feels.

Silver Member

Post Number: 448
email sent

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 2108
Sorry i dont do Ebay either cuz im not sure how to use it. And u live in NC so there is no way in hell i can meet u anywhere. If it were not for that i would buy it.

Gold Member

Www.15inchwangers.com

Post Number: 9411
i was just thinking. i you can build a 20 cuft wall with about 300sq inches of port area for goin deaf's subs, it would be insane. crowd all the subs on the passenger side and a huge port on the driver side. port big enough to crouch in. lol.

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 2109
Goin Deaf: "so it shouldnt be bad buying them peice by peice...email me at dmm2005@hotmail.com if interested."

So will you sell me the amp separate?? I cannot come up with $1000 too quickly because im buying a trailblazer in a few days and thats where my money is going, but if you can wait like a month i will be able to buy the amp, then like 2 weeks later the subs.

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 2110
lol hey wat do u think of that setup chad?? Wont that amp blow those subs??

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 2111
Hey Chad you mean so it can look sort of like that old dodge truck on team gates??

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 2112
Goin Deaf do you got a vid of em? you should make one and show me.

Gold Member

Www.15inchwangers.com

Post Number: 9413
"Hey Chad you mean so it can look sort of like that old dodge truck on team gates??"

i don't know. didn't see a pic.

i don't think the amp will blow those subs. we are talking about 4 subs right?

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 2113
ya well im not sure what the ohm load is on the subs but if they are at 1 ohm and i believe(not sure) they handle 400 rms each, wont the amp be givin a lil more then 600 to each??

Im tryin to find the pick now if i find it ill post the link.

Gold Member

Www.15inchwangers.com

Post Number: 9415
don't worry about it. it can handle more than 400wrms. besides giving it headroom is good.

Silver Member

Post Number: 450
they can handle around 1200 each from burps...there is a team runnin 6 1010s on a Z2 so they are tough. Let me see if i can find a camera and id be glad to make a video. Ill sell the amp for $475 shipped. I would do COD if you would be willing to take care of the fees for it.

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 2114
COD???? Im not familiar with any kind of purchasing besides a website and a credit card.

I believe i can get that amp for that price brand new off a website.

http://digitalsounddirect.co.uk/shop/product/products_id/2834.html

Silver Member

Post Number: 451
COD is where you pay the delivery service with credit card when they deliver it to you and the money goes to me. That will give you a chance to inspect everything so you can be sure. That amp is in Pounds or Euros one but they are valued more than the dollar so it will be more in US $

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 2115
o well does UPS do COD??? How much would it be?? So what, do they brind the equipment to my door, let me inspect, then i purchase??

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 2116
o well does UPS do COD??? How much would it be?? So what, do they bring the equipment to my door, let me inspect, then i purchase??

Silver Member

Post Number: 452
I think thats how it works...ill stop by a store tomorrow and check on the COD. I beleive thats how it works, I have never shipped via COD before.

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 2118
O ok well let me know tomarrow on this thread and if that is how it works then i will do it so i know im not getting ripped off and stuff.

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 2119
BTW have u or anyone ever bench tested this amp?? Just wondering if it wuz underrated like all the other high quality amps

Silver Member

Post Number: 453
no i havent had it bench tested...i think it is a little underrated.

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 2120
So u can make a vid of that setup then??

Silver Member

Post Number: 454
yea let me check around for a video camera.

Silver Member

Post Number: 455
i can do a crappy vid with my cell phone if you want as well

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 2121
Sure it doesnt matter just want to make sure everything works. Hey did you write this review on it??

http://www.recommendedbuys.com/electronics/car-amplifiers/orion-hcca-d5000.htm

Silver Member

Post Number: 456
na I didnt write that one...I havent seen any problems with my stuff and i dont think it is as power hungry as people say it is.

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 2124
K just wondering so ya make a vid of it even if its with your phone then post it on here.

Silver Member

Post Number: 457
ok im about to head out to get some chinese in a few so ill grab it then.

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 2125
Kool mayne.... :-) .....

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 2126
Kool mayne.... :-) .....

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 2127
wooops i hate this fuKin site sometimes.

Silver Member

Post Number: 458
well the video from my phone doesnt play on windows media...im going home this weekend and my brother has a video camera so ill make you one then! the quality from my phone sucked anyway

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 2128
Ok just keep me updated on the vid then on this thread.

Silver Member

Post Number: 459
will do

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2360
I didn't know they took credit cards for a COD? Doesn't COD stand for cash on delivery? :-O Polo..

Silver Member

Post Number: 460
yea i heard a friend say they would only take credit card because they didnt want to take cash...

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 2129
Hey i just talked to my mom and she says that i will recieve a COD card in my box when you send it, then when i take it them to the front it says how much i have to pay for them to give me the package, she does say you pay in cash.

Silver Member

Post Number: 468
oh ok well ill go by UPS tomorrow and check on it and get all the details.

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 2130
alright. Dont you have to talk to USPS??

Silver Member

Post Number: 469
im not sure...i figured it was through ups but ill check both.

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 2131
Well my PO box is through United States Postal Services, i dont think UPS would send it to my door but not sure.

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 2132
-newayz- ima crash b cuz im tired, l8rz.

Silver Member
Username: Usask8er1

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 575
I have that same amp and i can back it up, Ive had it for two years and never one problem. And yea it is a little under rated when giving it 13.6 volts.

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 2133
Hey Matt you ever get it bench tested??

Bronze Member

Post Number: 52
The WCC 5000d/2500d will generally do around 2600-2650 @ 13.6-13.8 volts. But at 14.4 volts, I'm sure it will do much closer to 2850rms.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us