Help with a Bush Acoustics MTT1 Turntable

Username: Apostrophe

London

Post Number: 1
On the 33 1/3 rpm setting, my Bush Acoustics MTT1 Turntable plays records a little too fast, which makes the notes roughly a semitone higher than they ought to be and makes certain music sound a bit odd. Is this just a natural problem which one must face with a cheap turntable or is there actually something wrong, and is there anything I can do?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Charlie

Bronze Member
Username: Stevestar99

Dahlonega, GA

Post Number: 89
Charlie, I'm not familiar with your TT. But here's what to do depending on the style. You'll need a strobe, hopefully your TT got one. The fix for idler wheel and belt drive are the same. Check the capstan for rubber build up. A little bit of rubber residue can up your rpms by a couple of revolutions. If the capstan is clean and your still running fast, you can shave down the capstan. Pull the platter, turn it on, and machine down the capstan with a jeweler's file and 600 wet dry. repeatedly check the speed. You can always take more off, but you can't put it back. If it's a direct drive servo, there should be trim pots on the drive board. Pull the bottom off and have a look. If you find that the TT has a problem locking in and becoming stable, replace the trim pots.

Username: Apostrophe

London

Post Number: 2
Steve,

Thanks for your advice, I'll give it a try.

Charlie
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us