Speakers For Difficult Room/Location

Eric S
Unregistered guest
My room is a large open 28x20 with cathedral ceiling area with attached kitchen and loft additional. The stereo/tv will be in a corner. I have very limited options for speaker placement and wife wants something unobtrusive. Wall mounts won't look very good due to adjacent windows. Unless really small, speakers can't be placed symmetrically on either side of the tv. I want to start with just the stereo for now and later add ht. I'm thinking smaller bookshelf type speakers on pedestals and a good sub (sub will go in corner behind system). Do to tough placement options I'm looking for speakers that are the least position sensitive (if that is possible). Budget is $1,000 for speaker system including sub. I like listening to all types of music and want flat response true reproduction. Looks will be important (WAF), hoping to find some sharp looking speakers and slim clean pedestals.

Unregistered guest
Eric - look at the Tannoy FX series and possibly the new Polk soundbar - with the soundbar you do not need surouund speakers as it creates the effect when set up with your amp. I have both of these systems as I too live in a simular living space in a condo.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us