NAD T743 Problem

Bronze Member
Username: Major

Post Number: 11
Yeah, I know this is the amp board, but I'm just trying to increase exposure. Anyway, mY NAD T743 is a little over a year old, just out of warranty. It will only produce sound intermittently with a DVD or CD. Turn it on and it may produce sound, turn it off and back on and it produces nothing. When it does produce sound, it is only on certain sound modes and sometimes on the "a" speakers, sometimes on the "b" speakers, and, of course, sometimes on neither, sometimes on both. I first noticed the problem last night, played around with some of the wires, and seemingly thought I fixed it. It played on all modes and with different combinations of the "a" and "b" speakers. I just chalked the problem up to wires touching or something similar. You know, whatever gets you through the night. However, first thing this morning, the problem has returned, so apparently last night I just got lucky with my supposed fix. Does anybody have any ideas what this could be? Am I basically looking at a trip to the repair store or a new Receiver?

Silver Member
Username: Sun_king

Leeds, West Yorkshire UK

Post Number: 231
Who knows. If you're sure all the wiring to and from the machine is correct I'd take it for repair first and ask them to give you a quote. If it's reasonable have it fixed, if not get a new one.

Silver Member
Username: Jamesp

Mansfield , TX USA

Post Number: 115
I have had similiar problems with my T752 and have found the screws in the back were loose. I tightened them up and the problem was fixed. The darn thing is so sensitive to any kinds of shorts in the system such as loose cables and screws. I have a long run for my sub cable and found an interconnect between one of the cables needed tightening as well.

Hope this helps.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us