Fi BTL on 7200wrms

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 1079
Just been thinking about selling my Recoil RED1000.1 with a Memphis LVS 15" in a 4^3 box for $500. With that money I could pick up another RE 35.1 and then sell my RE SX 15" and add whats left from buying that amp to what I get for the SX and then purchase and fully loaded Fi BTL DVC 1ohm.

Anyone know what two RE 35.1s strapped would do wired at 0.5 ohm? I was guessing 7200wrms but I could be wrong. Of course the downfall is the electrical upgrade.. eeek.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 9368
how much do they put out at 1ohm???

and yes ur charging system would also cost some $$$

Gold Member

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 1081
rated for 1500wrms @ 1 ohm on 12.6volts. I've heard they do around 1800wrms on 14.4volts.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 6124
do it kevin and let us know.

Gold Member

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 1083
damnit chad.. your always telling me to do stuff! ..if you get 18s instead ill do it :-) .. i wish but its all a matter of selling my stuff first.

I figured wired down to 0.5 ohm for a burp each amp should do roughly 3600wrms so strapped 7200wrms. Quite a bit of power...

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 9371
lol..i dont think it would do 7200rms strapped...

closer to 5000rms..if my math is right..but its late so it may not be...

Gold Member

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 1084
it was a guess.. I got the amp from Marshall and he said it does 1800wrms @ 1 ohm on 14.4volts. Wired to 0.5 ohm should it not be twice the power? Either way thats still quite a bit of power seeing I know were to get a mint RE 35.1 for $250

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 6126
too late in getting the 18s. lol.

you can get the dual 2 ohm and run it at 3000+ wmrs for daily.

Gold Member

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 1085
meh.. my hearin is already bad lol.. I was thinking dual 1 ohm so i can wire it for 0.5 for burmps and 2 ohm for daily.. The amp is rated for 1000wrms @ 2 ohm ..

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1518
just because you drop it to .5ohm the RMS does not double. theres many other factors that need to be taken into effect. my guess is that the amps will put out ~2000rms at .5ohm, if they dont over heat. i used to have a good link explaining this, ill have to dig it up.

you wont see anywhere close to 7200rms, sorry.

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1519
another thing to look into is if the amps can even be strapped to .5ohm. with my EDs they go into protect mode if i wire them below 2ohm strapped.

Gold Member

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 1086
hmmm.. either way if it could be done 4000-5000wrms would still pound if it worked.. wonder if you can order the BTL in dual 0.5 omh coils.. oh well.. prolly just stick to my single RE SX and throw the 35.1 on it @ 1 ohm

Silver Member
Username: Bass__monkey

Las Vegas, Nevada U.S. of A.

Post Number: 129
first off what vehicle and what size of btl?? it WILL take 2 of those amps no prob... unless there is a bad clipping signal. but make the install clear... good luck!

Gold Member

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 1093
03 jetta.. im running a re sx 15" .. so i'd stick to a 15

Silver Member

Post Number: 138
doing a drop in from the sx to the btl... there is a difference especially when you put the POWER! you know that Scott owns FI? he designed all of re's woofers and owned half of re at one point in time?

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 2051
wat u can do its search for a bigger mosfetss get some fans to keep the amps cool, put some bigger capacitors if u do this u can easly get 7500 rms at burps wiht those amps, i seen two modded visoniks i forgot the models but the ones that spl competitors mostly use a big one, that its stable at 18 v. well the two amps were doing 8600rms at 16 volts it was in a usac competition they were testin the amps it was impresiive then i asked them that wat modification he did to his amps he told me that he put bigger mosfters and bigger capacitors

Gold Member

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 1098
i know bass_monkey.. i like RE and the build quality is great.. since Scott designed them i figured i could not go wrong with Fi..

and lilrob.. i've got fans already.. https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/271786.html

scroll down to the pictures of the amp.

i'll prolly stick to what ive got until i sell my extra equipment

Silver Member

Post Number: 153
NICE! btw... did you guys know that fi has a dedicated forum?

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1930
been member for awhile:-)

www.soundsolutionsaudio.com

any word on if scott plans a group/forum buy?

Silver Member

Post Number: 155
nope... the prices are ALREADY a smokin' deal.

Username: Imperial_designs

Lafayette, Louisiana

Post Number: 2
what are you tring to accomplish? be more specific on the application and the intentions. the RE amps are nice. cadnece, sundown audio, IA, massive audio, and DD makes awesome amps as well. for the money the cadnece 2500Ds are sick, some of the most efficent cleanest amps on the market. also if you have the money and want some serious power the DD z1 cadnece 5000D dd Z2 and IA 40.1 will slap your mamma
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us