Help Please

Silver Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

Earth

Post Number: 454
i have an onkyo htr540 and the 10inch subwoofer that came with it just stopped workin i htink it mite be the power pack but i have a question can anyone help me on finding another sub to replace it the back connection is a rca female connection(subwoofer) to male rca cable not two rca's like car audio has. and i not quite sure if the sub is powered by itself or if it is comming from the reciever thanx in advance im not lazy cause ive been searchin all day for a new sub

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

Extreme SQ FTW Missouri

Post Number: 2280
Wow I never would've guessed you're from Earth. If that's the type of connection it's probably a powered sub and you could get another powered sub for it I'm sure.

Silver Member

Earth

Post Number: 455
o ha ha i didnt no what u ment by from earth at first but then i remmbered my location name yea i no its a powered sub but eva other bower sub i look at doesnt have the rite connection

Gold Member

Extreme SQ FTW Missouri

Post Number: 2282
Can you describe the connection? You said it was a female RCA jack...are you sure? If so, it shouldn't be that hard. What type of connection does your sub have on it? Female RCA?

Silver Member

Earth

Post Number: 457
connect is the rca would be male and it will connect to a female on the sub it isnt dual like car audio red white it is just one and the ones i looked at seem to not have it

Gold Member

Extreme SQ FTW Missouri

Post Number: 2292
What? That's usually how it works. Just say how much you're budgeting towards a replacement. You could build one if you like the idea of value/performance in one package. It might be a little different than car audio though.

Silver Member

Earth

Post Number: 458
i was thinkin bout building one but i dunno were to get a powered amp to put in the box to run it but around 300 if i dont build

Gold Member

Extreme SQ FTW Missouri

Post Number: 2293
It really depends on how much power you want.

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=300-760

You could buy that kit and put it together and that would be much better than your 10" which quit working. Did you make sure your current sub is what doesn't work? You're SURE it's not the output on the receiver?

If you want more bass, you could get one of the larger packages or if you want to keep a generally small size you could try getting a Fi Q 10" or so and giving it a 1000w plate amp stuffing it in a small enclosure.

I would go for the first choice considering your budget and it would the quickest and easiest. You could just put it together, run a subwoofer cable from receiver to subwoofer, and turn it up.

Silver Member

Earth

Post Number: 466
yes im an alectrician and car audio installer and im also into home audio i opened up the reciever and it was fine also the sub has a standbuy lite and a power lite power lite just stop workin when it stopped so i no it isnt the reciever sho 4 cause even with the wubwoofer rca out it should still lite up and i had it hooked up to a 15 inch old zues and im pretty sure it blew cause the kid that gave me the sub said it was wired in the rite amount of ohms as the onkyo needed opened it and it was not o yea im kill him lol

Gold Member

Extreme SQ FTW Missouri

Post Number: 2294
My dad's an electrician as well.

You must be mad at him. Yeah I see your point that it's the sub. Well, I think the 10" kit is a good value.

Silver Member

Earth

Post Number: 469
yea i am but also my self for not opening it up and lookin at it and seein it wasnt wired rite but i got mad and blew all my shitty subs i had hooked em to 120v wall socket lol that was for fun the 2 sec's they lasted

Gold Member

Extreme SQ FTW Missouri

Post Number: 2295

Silver Member

Earth

Post Number: 472
well i was actually tinkin bout gettin a ssd 15 or a q or sumtin and building a box for it for inside home theater but i need an amp to power it maybe like 3-700 watts im sure that will shake my house but how and were could i just get an amp 4 that i google but google suxs ballzzzzzzzz

Silver Member

Earth

Post Number: 474
fluck it maybe i should get a fluckin 18 i got a closet that i dont use for the box dam i wanna fluckin do that i just need a amp for it

Gold Member

Extreme SQ FTW Missouri

Post Number: 2296
You can get a good 1000w amp for $400

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=300-808

2400w (more like 2000 or less) for $350

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Behringer-EuroPower-EP2500-Power-Amp?sku= 480697&src=3SOSWXXA

5000w for $800

http://www.discountmusic.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=682

And that's as far as I know.

Make sure the closet is airtight if you do that.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us