NAD--- Good post only

Username: Indianspringsaz

Post Number: 1
I am hearing alot of people on this board saying " Not going to look at NAD, to many bad posts" I for one have NEVER had a problem. So, I am very happy with my NAD 773. Thumbs up from me.

Bronze Member
Username: Gatt767

Malta

Post Number: 79
I had a T750 a T751 and currently a T762 and all worked perfectly. Will continue buying Nad products!! Plus there customer support is execellent. Hope that they continue producing Real Products with Real Sound !

Bronze Member
Username: Gatt767

Malta

Post Number: 80
plus by the Way I have a T531 DVD player and a C540 Cd player all working Fine

Bronze Member
Username: James0226

Post Number: 23
I recently just purchased NAD 742 receiver. Great sound, no problem at all (so far, I suppopse I should add).

Silver Member
Username: Dmeister

Post Number: 135
I have a 743 that currently works fine.

Silver Member
Username: Jonmoon

Post Number: 163
I have a T763, C372 and a T533 that haven't blown up the neighborhood in a mushroom cloud . . . yet.

Bronze Member
Username: Davidr

Calgary, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 16
T743 receiver and T533 DVD player. Amazing.

Username: Konoyaro

San Francisco, CA United States

Post Number: 5
I bought a refurbed T762 from DMC Electronics a little over a month ago. So far I've been very pleased. I've been slowly exploring the many features the unit offers and have not been disappointed yet.

St. Louis Blues
Unregistered guest
I had a minor fan problem with my T763. However, everything was resolved- and now it sounds as good as ever. I'm pleased. This receiver has a fantastic sound.

Elmosaurus
Unregistered guest
+1 for a T763, Version 2.0, and a T533.

Both are excellent units, incredible all around.

(nary a problem)

E.

JWJ
Unregistered guest
I have a T753, it was in for service once, but since then it has been perfect. No hiss no pops. Nothing but great sound.
-JJ

Bronze Member
Username: Mitchbd

Post Number: 62
My new T773 v.2 is great. No problems at all! The sound is simply startling when these units are at their best! I know I'll be happy with this for years to come...

bodin
Unregistered guest
Got T753 six months ago and the one and only fault is that hiss heard not more than 12 inches from every speaker. Absolutely zero hiss from headphone. Hope this remains for its lifetime.

Unregistered guest
Have NAD T763, C272 and T533. Working great after a little support from NAD tech personnel

Bronze Member
Username: Stevetaylor

Boston, MA USA

Post Number: 18
Have NAD T763 v1.26. Has been working fine for eight months.

Bronze Member
Username: Monkey_man_jack

Post Number: 35
Is NAD a top of the line company? What makes their stuff better than other companys stuff? I really don't know, i mean i hear good/bad things about them soo, whats up?

Unregistered guest
Great amps... they made their reputation back in the 80s with their very powerful good sounding amplifiers for reasonable prices. Their AV receievers have a great musical quality to them. They also rate their receivers very realistically... see their web site for more info... but if they say an amp has 100W/channel then you can be assured it will play 100W/channel all channels driven from 20hz-20khz within rated distortion. Unlike almost any other manufacturer which usually rate with 2 channels driven at 1khz within rated distortion. Add more channels or deviate from 1khz and all bets are off. One thing on the AV receivers is they are usually a step or two behind on the latest technical innovations. -Rick

Username: Indianspringsaz

Post Number: 9
M.M.J. With NAD you will have the power advertised. As Rick Key stated, you are really getting what you pay for. 110w will be 110w and then some. Just go listen to one next to X brand. I say X as I dont want to hurt anyone's feelings.

Gold Member
Username: John_a

Post Number: 2684
The other thing to say about NAD is customer service. Last April I bought the very first NAD T533 DVD-A/DVD-A/CD/ etc player, on the morning the first batch arrived at my local dealer. Meanwhile some record companies are upgrading copy protection on DVD-A discs. The player was blocked from playing certain discs. I got onto NAD from the web page, they asked for the serial number, and instructed the regional distributor. They express-mailed the firmware upgrade CD to the dealer, sending me e-mails to keep me informed, and wanting to know if and when the dealer fixed it. The dealer did it on the spot, on a very busy day just before Christmas. Full story on the thread NAD T533 DVD/CD player user's review, and DVD-Audio. I have a similar story about a T760 receiver, from a while ago. The two NAD units separately and together perform miles above their price.

No manufacturer is immune from glitches like this. Try to get that quality of service out of brand X, too.

Silver Member
Username: Sem

New York USA

Post Number: 389
John,
Are you now going to re-purchase the "ice-cube" disc? :-)
If so, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Gold Member
Username: John_a

Post Number: 2686
Sem,

Thanks for remembering! I bought it on your recommendation! it was the only copy the record dealer had, and I returned it, and got my money back. So I expect they have now sold it. I will look out for it in the new year, when i am moving to a city with more record shops. Though I may have to go back to plain old stereo for a while, until we get sorted out. So it is on the "back burner".

Anyone here who is mystified, Sem is referring "Live at the Sands" by Sinatra/Count Basie on Warner. It was my first "non-play" DVD-A. I now think it was probably the copy protection on that, too. Sem said you could hear the ice-cubes chink in the glass of someone sitting behind you at the performance!

Bronze Member
Username: Buckcrazy

Post Number: 60
i finally bite the bullet and got myself a T763.God that has made this christmas and new year holidays so special for my family the
family just spends quality time in home arround the tv than shopping in the malls.big thanks u NAD

Username: Shahrouz

Post Number: 4
I have NAD C521BEE cd player for 6 months now with no problem. Its titanium finish is really elegant.

Plan to buy a C272 and add it to my Yamaha RX-V1400.

Anonymous

I have NAD T743 receiver and it is amazing.No
problem at all.

Bronze Member
Username: Buckcrazy

Post Number: 70
ok the problem with Nad units is that they give out hiss hum at idle position. when there is no signal and you tweek volume on the high side. once you start playing music / movies you can not detect the hiss /hum So that explains why most people buy tham b'cause once you listen they rock, later about a week down the road you tend to notice this flaw while changing cd or dvd then u think crap i bought 1500-2000 unit that is flawed then a cycle of hatred starts to develop.IMHO the fault lies with the torodial power supply and high quality components and lack of digital filter unlike the japanese units as digital filter just kills all the signal in that particluar signature range.The Cure is simple you spend another 400-1000 for a line conditioner that has digital filter to filter power problems then these units actually perform flawless.even in the showrooms where they demo these pieces thier power is conditioned room is acoustically treated so we do not get the same performance you have a power to change all that with a good line conditioner but then it already burns the hole in the pocket and make expensive setup cost more.
now bottom line is whenever you decide to drop in dough and get these puppies do not forget the line conditioners .
i am happy that i got over this and now can enjoy my movies\music.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us