$1k Receiver Advice Needed-

wooderson
Unregistered guest
Getting ready to upgrade my old sony str-de935 and am Looking at the $1k receviers. I have narrowed my choices down to the NAD T753 or 763, or the Marantz SR-7400. Still haven't been able to see these in person (nobody in Dallas has these on the floor yet) or find any in-depth net reviews of these models.

Does anyone know where i may be able to find some more information? Trying to get a feel for how the passthru/ video performs/ if the models are buggy/ if the power ratings are accurate/ whether the remotes are good/ etc.?

Also, I have seen the new specs/ pics of the Denon 3805- which should be a comparable model- so I may end up waiting another month or 2 for it to hit the street.

Thanks.

Anonymous

This would be a good choice

http://www.ecost.com/ecost/shop/detail.asp?dpno=349082

wooderson
Unregistered guest
you know- i have checked that receiver out at fry's-- who incidentially have it on sale this week-- and it is a behemoth!

i have read very good things about h/k- only thing is- it's look never hit me the right way (I'm not opposed to the size- as i have a large sansui 8080db in the bedroom-- which is cool at night- btw)- but i just don't like the design of the h/k.

Anonymous

Have you looked at the Yamaha RX-V2500 ? I only ask 'cause I'm in the same boat and I'm leaning towards the Yammie. 125Wx7ch, THX select, component video switching.. etc.

You can hear it @ Ultimate Electronics
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us