Confused about what to buy!

Username: Piccadilly

Post Number: 1
Any help in this matter would be very much appreciated.
I am thinking of buying the Boston Acoustics VR-M50 Bookshelf, VR-MC Center and VR-MX rears with the Velodyne SPL800, all for about $3,000.00
I have also been shown a Paradigm Titan system for around $1,300.00
Is the Boston system that much better than the Paradigm to justify the price increase? I have heard both systems, (I am not an expert) and they both sound good to me.

Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 102
I would say no to your question and would also say that there are better systems for $3000 than the BA's and Paradigm has a few themselves. First of all what are you going to drive these speakers with ?

Post Number: 2
I have a Yamaha RX-V2400

Username: Axlrose19802002

Post Number: 36
here's what i'm dreaming of for about 3,000 as well. all def-tech. their new bi-polar speakers are tight. bi-polar fronts around 700 a piece with powered 10" subs in each. a center channel for front and back (799 for the front ) and a promotion for a free 499 center with the purchase of the fronts center and two bi-polar surrounds.

anyway, check out def-tech for that price range and you won't be disappointed.

Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 105
I also like the Def Tech's but not with a Yamaha. I would first figure out how much you can spend on your speakers and then buy the best Paradigms you can afford. They are by far the best speakers I have heard paired with Yamaha. If you can afford it listen to the Studio reference line like maybe the Studio 40. If that line is to expensive then a Monitor series system of the Monitor 7 as mains would be very nice. The only other brand I would recommend with Yamaha is PSB. Both brands are on the mellow side which is a good match with the Yamaha's rather bright sound.

Post Number: 3
That is very useful information, thank you

Post Number: 4
I ended up buying Studio 20 fronts with CC-470 center and a Velodyne SPL-1000 sub and for the rears Def-Tech UIW BP/A to be sunk into the ceiling. Thanks for your advice
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us