Info on Infinity SSW 210 Subwoofer??

Marcus
Does anyone have any information on this great powered sub? Infinity SSW-210? (SERVO SUBWOOFER WITH 2 10" DRIVERS) I'm having no luck finding anything on it - it's like it never existed. I beleive is was made in the early to mid 90's. It has a triangular shaped base made to stand in the corner of a room and is about 26" high.
Anyone... Anyone... Anyone...
Thanks Marcus

In the the early to mid 90's Infinity made the SSW-210 and the SSW-212 ( 250 and 300 watts respectively ). They were ( and still are ) great subs. Retail was around 1100 to 1300 $ originally, but went down as they phased them out.

They have held there value well and are considered the " Holy Grail " of Infinity subs. They are pretty difficult to find, but well worth the search. I would put them up against any THX certified sub on the market today, in the same price range.

The 210 doesn't hit as low as the 212, but it may be just the ticket if you want to add a sub for music as well as home theater. I run both of mine at the front of the room and a home made 212 clone in the rear. It's a very soft room and, as all three are sealed enclosures, I have no problems with standing waves or boominess. I had been ruuning the 212's for about a year and recently picked up the 210. It definitely added to the mid and upper sub frequencies...

Sadly, the only thing available from Infinity is the grill cover. You can't even get an owners manual. Infinity just isn't the same since Harmon took over.

I have a Infinity SSW 210. It is a great speaker, when it is working, but I have been having trouble with the amplifer and it cost a mint to fix. I think it is just a fuse, but Stereo Exchange in NYC told me that the amp needs to be replaced. I replaced the amp once already and it hurt my pockets. Now the amp is down again. I am investing my money in a Sunfire MKII and I am going to open the amp up myself. If you are looking for a good sub, try Velodyne, M&K, or Sunfire. Infinity SSW210's durability is questionable!

I have both an SSW-210 and SSW-212. The SSW-210 is rated down to 30Hz and the 212 is rated to 25Hz. Both are fast, tight and capable of ridiculous SPL for the real world even in generously sized rooms. The speakers were made from 1993-1995? or so. The crossover was adjustable from 40Hz to 120Hz continuously and the sub has inputs for both line level as well as preamp level. Oddly enough, the sub is a "stereo" sub with dual inputs.
Dimensions on the 210 are 13"H x 26"W x 10"D
Dimensions on the 212 are 15"H x 32"W x 15"D
The 210 weighs about 55lbs and the 212 weighs around 70. Prices on ebay are around $300-$500 for either unit depending on condition.
If you need a scan of the original Infinity promo sheet, I have one from 1993.
I've never had a problem with either sub and have owned the 210 for about 10 years now.

I passed on the Sunfire. Way too powerful for my apartment. So the SSW 210 is back in the shop. Can someone tell me if I should leave the sub on when not in use, or turn it off. I want to make sure I don't have to put it in the shop for the third time. I am using an authorized repair center, but you know they will try to stick to you when it comes to repairs. I bet all I need is a fuse, but the service tech told me that a power module or something like that has burned out.

I got my sub back from the Authorized Sevice Center, after getting soaked for $188.50. It sound fine. I do have a couple of questions: 1. What would be the correct setting for the sub?

2. Should I leave the sub on when not in use?

My HT set-up is as follows:

Yamaha RX-Z1
Two Infinity Reference Four (floorstanding mains)
One Infinity Video One (center)
Five Infinity Reference EL (L/C/R rear surrond & L/R front effects)

I have a SSW-212 in like new condition, and in the original box. You can have it for $75. I will not ship, but you are welcome to stop buy and pick it up at my home in Cumming, GA. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me: jackperry@msn.com

The Infinity SSW-212 has been sold.

well, i am interested since i can find a SSW10 Infinity (not dual driver) for quite a cheap price...and i just want to know whether this SSW10 is ok for my 4mX4m room, my front speaker is Mission M74 with Acoustic Energy AE One as my rear, my receiver is Marantz SR4300...i try to search for information regarding the SSW10 but i just can't find it, anyone here know this sub.?.coz i feel that my M74 is struggling in bass heavy scene without a help of a sub...

FYI. Infinty has finally posted the owners manual for these on it's website.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us