Speaker placement in my small room and break in!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Scottblock

Post Number: 23
Ok guys this is what my concern is , i bought a rx-v2400 and i bought the def tech pro cinema 100s all around (4 sats) i am just waiting for the store i shop at to get the c2 center channel and 100 subwoofer in and for now i am using a old sony center channel. Now i have about a 12 by 12 room and my tv is dead center against 1 wall and my bed is on the wall directly accross from the tv but all the way on the right side. I put the 4 monitor 100s in each corner of the room. The speakers on the wall with the tv are almost straight with a slight tilt towards the center of the room and the rear 2 on the back wall are facing more towards each other like the way headphones go on your ears if thats a good mental picture for you. Now my listening point is my bed which is all the way on the right if your looking at the tv and i am almost under that speaker and also because of my walls it was kind of hard to mount the speakers perfect so i could not pivot them real good but i used the ypao and it seems to sound fine like that but am i loosing anything because of the kind of not so traditional placement of my listining point and speaker placements . Also will these speakers sound better over time , in other words do they have to break in . I really do not have the full effect because i do not have the center channel and i do not have the sub but i am just curious to know if they will loosin up a little.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us