Which PSB to go with T742

rabbit
After so many readings of books, mags, and this board, I have decided to buy T742 with PSB image speakers. Initially I plan to buy a pair of floor standing speakers, and gradually add up to a home theater setup. My music/movie ratio may be 60/40. And I love classical music(especially older recordings in 40s and 50s by those great conductors: Furtwangler, for instance). Budget: the whole HT setup would be around $2000-$2500.Please help me to decide which pair to buy: 4T, 5T, 6T, or 7PT?
Thanks

rabbit
Anyone outthere?

Anonymous
Rabbit you owe it to yourself to go listen to some NHT T4'S and some SB3'S the sound is outstanding with the NAD T742.

rabbit
Thanks Anonymous.
Mark mentions that 6T has a 20" depth. Does this mean that the speaker should be put at a place at least 20" to any walls? how about 4T, 5T and 7PT? Where can I find this info?
Thanks

Dave
Rabbit,

I bought pair of 6T, center 9C, 10S for surround sound and Subsonic 7 (all of these speakers would run around 2K). My 10S is blem but can't see any different between blem and brand new.
6T sound better than 5T even for my music-deaf ears. Depth length are not that much of a different. You can check them out more at http://www.psbspeakers.com. My receiver is the T762.

rabbit
Thanks Dave.
I went to psbspeakers.com and cannot find any information about the depth length. Can you shed more light on this? Thanks

rabbit
And Dave, where did you buy your stuff? I am planning buy them from saturday audio and DMC electronics as suggested by Hawk. Do you have any experience with any of them? I live in DC area, by the way.

Marc
Rabbit,

I live in the DC area as well. The only place i found with PSB's are sound images. They seem to discout at abo 12% MSRP if you get a package, which is ok, but nothing special. I found a authorized dealer online selling the 7PT's for 899 shipped to your door. I think may order a pair from them, instead of getting the 4T's and a sub. Here is a link to their site. www.upscaleaudio.com

rabbit
Marc, Thanks for the information.

Dave
Rabbit,

I lived in CA close by DMC electronics and found that David (the owner) is very easy to work with.
About the size of each speakers you can go to www.psbspeakers.com, click on Image Series link on the right or you can go here http://www.psbspeakers.com/s/ImageSeries.html
Scroll down until you see your speakers and then click on the specification links. That will give you all the detail spec for that speakers as well as the size. If you decide to buy multiples speakers or 5.1 set and stuff like that, I would prefer to call in and ask for quotes and make deal with them (never hurt to ask).

Rabbit
Thanks Dave.
Maybe I did not write my question clearly enough about the depth of speakers. My question is: Is there a minimus distance you should place your speakers away from the walls? Or this is just a personal taste of the sound?
Thanks again

New guy...
I have an NAD T762, w/ a PSB Stratus series speaker setup. I bought the speakers from DMC. Ordinarily I wouldn't buy such equipment from a company so far away from me, but I gave it a shot.

First of all, my pairing of the NAD with PSB is terrific. No technical talk... it just sounds incredible.

As far as getting your gear from DMC. Dave is right about David who owns/manages the place. Very friendly, fery helpful and gave me some sweet deals.

Hope this helps.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us