Inexpensive speaker system No receiver

Can I get reccommendations ona speakers system for our home entertainment. We have Tv and present devices (VCR,DVD,Satellite) in a old cupboard off the ground JVC and RCA componants. Looks good but no more space t add receivers without looking ugly and full. Are speakers worth getting without a receiver or can a set of 5 channel quality spekers be purchased that work with stock TV tunes and system? i just don't know where to start. Any help is appreciated. thanks
regg

Derek
Well you need the receiver to amplify the audio to a resonably loud level, Digital decoding, FM radio and to a lessor extent source switching (which most TVs can do) and a remote.

If you just want a 5.1 system without the receiver try buying a high-end computer speakers from Creative Labs, Klipsh or Logitech. They sound better than you would expect and cost between $100 and $400.

Hope that helps.

Johnnyness
have you considered buying one of those Receiver DVD Combos that come in the HTIB systems? Those will allow you to have a receiver and dvd player all in one. I haven't listened to them, but I have seen them... I think Sony has one, maybe a few others. Good luck!

Johnnyness
not to beat the NAD drum, but they have an L70 that has gotten some reviews. They have a coupon on their web page for 200 off.

http://www.nadelectronics.com/av_receivers/L70_framset.htm
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us