Center channel distortion

hi, i have just bought a paradigm CC-170 and it seems to produce a crackling like distortion whenever sudden, loud dialouge is reproduced.(screaming or yelling). at louder levels it gets worse but is also there at quieter levels. i have fooled around with every level setting i can find and have had no luck. maybe someone out there has??

Al Holland
kris, connect your center speaker cable to another speaker and see if that speaker reacts like your center channel. This will tell you if it is speaker or electronics related.
If the other speaker sounds normal then you should exchange the CC-170 where you bought it.

I have replaced two tweeters in Paradigm center channels. This could be your problem.
Keep us posted.

i have tried the center channel with a few other cheaper speakers i have around (including headphones) and they all seem to react in the same way only not as defined. is it possible to be my dvd player which is a few years old?? (pioneer dv-343)
thanks for any info
kris

i have tried the center channel with a few other cheaper speakers i have around (including headphones) and they all seem to react in the same way only not as defined. is it possible to be my dvd player which is a few years old?? (pioneer dv-343)
thanks for any info
kris
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us