Polk subs

Dingweed
I decided to post this message because after searching this forum I saw that a lot of people didn't like Polk subs for some reason. I'm looking to buy a speaker set right now. So I went and listened to a number of speakers and subs. I liked Polks the best because they produce the most accurate base I've ever heard where as other subs were mushy and release time was not right. It seems that no one cares about the release time here??? IMHO release time of the sub is very important. I am a musician and I really appreciate accuracy, if I slap my base and mute it I expect the sub to behave the same instead in a lot of cases you hear this mushy trail after the sound.

I usually take a CD with funky base line like RedhotChillyPeppers and listen to it. And I found that Polk are by far the best (most accurate) subs out there. I might be wrong though. If you guys can suggest something better for under $250 please do.

For me accuracy is the key, this of course include ability to deliver the punch when needed.

Paul T
Did you listen to Velodyne,SVS or B&W??? If you have a ton of cash you could spend $20,000 on a Krell Master Reference Subwoofer.. No I didn't put one too many 0's on there, it is twenty THOUSAND dollars.. it has a 2,600 Watts amp built in and ohh it weighs in at 500 lbs. :)

Anonymous
The Polk subs were nice. They have a good sound for the price. If you get into the $400-$600 price range, there is a world of difference between the $250 and these. That also opens up a lot of other companies such as Velodyne.

I listened to a lot of subs, Velodyne, Polk, Klipsch, etc., but none of the mail order brands. Velodyne had the cleanest bass out of them. I would go with a sub no smaller than 10" either--it seems to have a nice balence of $$, sound and size compared to the 8" or 12" subs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us