What crossover on PSB Subsonic 5 and NAD T752?

Anonymous
Thanks to recommendations on this forum, I recently purchased a NAD T752 with PSB 3LR's in front, Alpha S's in back, and Subsonic 5 for subwoofer. Currently I set all the speakers to small. Now I need help correctly setting the crossover on the subwoofer. I connected my subwoofer to the subwoofer output on the NAD. I read that by doing this, I am letting the NAD control the crossover instead of the subwoofer. So now what is the best crossover setting on the NAD and on the subwoofer? Should I set the front speakers to large? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Mark
Turn the crossover control on the front of the Subsonic 5 all the way up. That nearly disables it, which is what you want because your NAD is controlling the crossover. My sister just got the same Subsonic 5i sub with a set of Paradigm Mini-Monitors, that's how I set it up. Then I calibrated it with an SPL meter and a copy of Avia.

Pete
If your front speakers handle bass well, then set your fronts to large and listen to 2 channel stereo music this way. If you like a real kick to your bass, which i do not, then set to small and set sub levels accordingly. I feel the bass is much cleaner and responsive with a large setting. Most subs are sloppy with music listening. Great for home theatre, but not music.

Dingweed
I totally agree with Pete. The most subs I've heard do not meet my expectations. Just not clear enough for music.

G-Man
Depends on the subs you get. You buy PSB subsonic 5's and other higher quality and more expensive wellmade subs they won't sound sloppy or muddy.

If you only have two good speakers, stereo may be your best bet. If you have a great surround system and all the speakers are of high quality--it will beat any stereo system in portraying realistic music--as we hear naturally in surround and reflected sounds.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us