Need help choosing speakers and receiver for 2 to 2.5K

jbliz
I'd like to start by saying that I have been extremely impressed with the wealth of great info on this message board. In fact, I've done nothing today at work but read through old posts. I wish I would have found this message board weeks ago. Anyway, I'll get to the point.

I'm trying to put together a home theater system, so far I have a tv and dvd player (stop laughing). I have 2-2.5K to spend on a receiver and speakers, but I'm having a really hard time choosing. I've been doing alot of research, but the more I read, the more I realize that I don't know enough to feel comfortable with making this decision myself. So I decided to write this post and hope that HAWK, GMAN and other HT gurus would just tell me what to buy or at least point me in the right direction.

I have a big room so space is not a problem. The receiver and speakers will be used for HT and music. I'd say the system will be used for HT 70% of the time and for music 30% of the time.

I'd also like to say that my price range is a little flexible. If I can get a system for 3K sounds way better than the 2.5K system, then I guess I can cough up of the extra 500 (and lie to my girlfriend about the cost of the system). I just want a great sounding system that I will be happy with for years.

So what do you guys recommend?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us