Subwoofer connection?

Username: Dkolis

Lindenhurst, NY USA

Post Number: 1
Hi all. I'm new to this site , so bear with me. These are the parts; 1-passive monoprice subwoofer. 1-sony strdg-720 a/v receiver. All 5 other speakers are connected to the 720. My online research tells me I need an amp to power my passive sub. I plan on using the audiosource amp100. I believe the amp connects to tuner and speaker connects to amp, but using what cables and what inputs and outputs. A/V has 1 subwoofer RCA plug out , Amp has RCA line input 1&2, line output 1 and 4 speaker outputs. Sub has only a 2 wire connection. Any help would be great. Thanks

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 11338
DK, the receiver sub out can be split into 2 rca's, these will be the input for the amp.
Or just run the single subout into the amp in the mono input and run the amp as bridged output for 150w right to the sub.

Lindenhurst, NY USA

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the input. Will try it as soon as amp is delivered.

Username: Rob_zee

Post Number: 4
Why can't you just buy a cable with an RCA plug on one end and speaker wire on the other end, and plug the subwoofer right into the receiver?

Lindenhurst, NY USA

Post Number: 3
Sorry fo this late feedback, but better late than never. Nucks response was correct. Picked up an audiosource 100 amp for $78 bucks online. Connected as described and it worked great.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us