Subwoofer box?

Username: Fistofgod

Post Number: 1
hey ive got an old adire audio brahma 15" mk 1...the old school ones that actually put out sound...not the new one...its freshly reconed by fi...im looking to incorporate it into my home stereo...i want this thing to play good and low...want to tune it to 20hz or so...box size is the only problem...im in a dorm room...any suggestions on size...heres a link to the t/s params...i have the 15" brahma mk 1...
thanks...

http://www.adireaudio.com/Files/OldAdireDrivers.pdf

Post Number: 2
ps...ive got a crown ce1000...plan to put the 2 2ohm coils in series...the crown puts out about 1000rms at 4 ohms..should be enough power for just about any box i decide to go with...thanks!

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 19008
1000w rms at 4ohm? Be sure not to drown out the rest of your system.

In a dorm room? Be sure not to drown out your dorm.

Post Number: 3
i made designed a pair of speakers with the help of my engineering professors...they'll keep up great...haha...ive got a crown ce1000 on them as well...300rms x 2 @ 8ohms...with a homemade crossover that i designed...bought the parts off of parts express...what a great site! :-)

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 19009
Yup. It's where I bought my 1000w Dayton and 500w Bash plate amps. Also good site for speaker building supplies. Recently bought a decent 100w Sherwood receiver for $100. Not bad for the $.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us