Paradigm monitor 7s Vs. Axiom M22 Vs. Polk R50

Nick
Any person considered these speakers, what do you prefer, pros and cons !!!!Please help

IdealConcepts
Nick-
I have the Polk R40 rears speakers in my HT and the Paradigm Monitor 9's for the fronts. I was looking at purchasing the Monitor's 7 but ended up with the 9's instead and will be buying another pair for the rears and moving the R40s to bedroom HT. I don't think the R50 can really compare to the 7's. I would through out the R50 out of the your list and decide between the 7s and the M22. I have heard of the Axiom brand but have never heard the speakers. I love my Monitor 9's and have it matched with the Paradigm cc-370 and a Velodyne CHT 12, running it with a Rotel Preamp and Rotel Amp. I would push for the Monitor's even though I believe they cost more than either of the three speakers. Good luck.

topr
I have a set of m22's and like them a lot. Their strength is the midrange (although the highs are nice also). They are a little more foward than a Paragigm or B&W but they image really well and still sound nice when setting to the right or left of the sweet spot. Axiom has the best customer service of anyone I have ever dealt with. When you call you might get the president of the company answering.

Rick
Yea but do your Axioms come with a 5 year warranty? My Paradigms do.

GT
The Axiom Warranty
Our towers, bookshelves, surrounds and center- channel speakers are warrantied against manufacturer's defects for five years.

That's pretty standard for almost all speaker manufacturers Rick. I've had speakers from JBL, Energy, Boston, Polk, etc and they all came with 5 year warranties.

Anonymous
GT,
That's true. M&K's offer 10 year warranty. But I was wondering why Magnepan only for 3 years..
Just out of curiosity.

Anonymous
All good speakers, although with Polk I'd look at the LSi series, much better then R series but will cost you more $$!!! :)

I too have Paradigm Monitor 9s w/ CC-370, ADP-370, and PS1000 sub. I really like them a lot. I power mine with a Marantz SR7000.

IdealConcepts:
I was wondering if you have put the 9s in the rear and how that is working out for you and how you have it set up. I was thing of swapping out my ADPs for a couple of 9s when I move into my new house.

Thanks, Wade

IdealConcepts
Wade:
Haven't put the 9's in the rears, I bought the Rotel PreAmp and Amp right after moving into my new home, which I'm already to move into a large one now, and still trying to finish paying off the Rotels. Now I have to dump another $3k for the backyard cement and will be up grading all the monster interconnects to MIT interconnects before I purchase another set of 9's for the rear. So it won't be until sometime early next year until I can purchase the 9's for the rears. Everything sounds great now and can't wait to hear it with new interconnects and a pair of 9's for the rears. I would see if you can get the Paradigm dealer to let you take a floor model or two of the 9's home and see if it's worth purchasing a set for the rears. You'll never know until you ask, and if the dealer is willng to do so, let me know what you think about 9's all around. Goodluck.

Wade
IdealConcepts:
Thanks for the response. It will probably be awhile for me as well as I am in the process of building a new house and probaly won't be til next year.

Nick Yates
I ordered the axioms M22 and have been liostening to them for 2 weeks now. They sound excellent, the high and mids are spectacular.
I just went and compared them side by side to the Paradigm reference 40 v.3, they are at par, even think the axiom are more forward and cleaner, with the EXCEPTION of the low end. The reference 40, have more base but for the price AXIOM $400 vs. Reference 40- $1200 , the value is unbeatable.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us