Subwoofer repair

Username: Krammatt

Post Number: 5
I have a PS-1000 subwoofer that I have had for a couple of years after buying it second hand. The serial number is A29489. It no longer works and I suspect there is a problem with the circuit board. The fuse has been replaced, but still no sound. It has blown a fuse at some point that I have owned it. Who could I get to examine the piece that includes the circuit board without the actual speaker housing and have trouble shoot the problem?

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 10693
You could have it looked at, MM, or maybe just go to partsexpress.com and pick up a bash plate amp to match the one that is bad.

Username: Krammatt

Post Number: 6
Nuck:
Thanks for the post, but bear with my non techno mind. What exactly is a bash plate amp?

Bronze Member
Username: Soundgame

Richmond Hill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 60
Hi Mark,

BASH is a popular and affordable subwoofe amp manufacturer. Nuck is suggesting that you go on partsexpress to see if they have one that works with you sub. Subwoofer amps are typically mounted to a plate, that's why Nuck referred to it as a BASH plate amp. Check this link to see one I found on their site:

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=300-750

All the best with the fix!!

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 18007
I ran a Bash 500w plate amp and loved it. Great build quality and durability. I have since graduated up to Dayton's 1000w plate amp and can't be happier.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us