NEED DIY REPAIR OF BOSE LIFESTYLE 25 AM MODULE

Username: Voyager08

Post Number: 1
I've got a Bose Lifestyle 25 system with a black Acoustimass Module. I bought it new in 1996/1997.

The Receiver serial number is:
CDM20A120080
The black AM module number is:
AM250BU101588 C9703

I've got the system installed on my boat where it is powered by shore power, generator power, or from the 2500W inverter (one or the other, depending on the circumstances). Three times over the past 7 years I've had power supply problems. I think that when I turn the invertor on, it creates a spike that may blow the Acoustimass Module fuse. I paid Bose to repair this the first time (replacing only the fuse), then I did it myself two years ago. Now the fuse has blown (and I replaced it with a 3A slow blow) and it still doesn't work. The receiver seems to work fine, and it sends audio to my second amp powering up Zone 2 speakers, but I only get a slight buzz out of Zone 1. I'm thinking of tackling a DIY repair of the Acoustimass Module, or at least getting a replacement board. Can anyone give me tips on how to carry this out, or at least how to prevent it from happening in the future?

The Bose is protected with a power bar. I think that I should normally leave this power bar OFF in order to protect the Bose from potential power spikes, turning it on only after selecting my power source and then turning ON the power bar. Comments?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us