Mtx thunder to boss c-700 problem

joe b
ive had an mtx thunder 425OD, amp running my 2 12" alpine type R's. its sounded ok but i wanted something more so i decided to switch to the boss C-700. i believe the mtx only had about 250 watts, or so, n the boss has about 1200 watts.
the problem is that the bass, is actually less with the boss...i know thats not right. all my wiring is still the same from the old amp, all i did was switch them. i dont know if there is something i need to do, like get thicker wires, or change how things are wired up...i cant figure it out. i dont really know how to do this stuff. i had my system installed for me, all i knew how to do was unscrew a few wires n put them back on.
does any1 know if i need to change anything, when upgrading to a much bigger amp like this??
thanx

Anonymous
CHECK TO SEE IF YOU HAVE THE HIGH PASS FILTER ON IT SHOULD BE SET TO LOW PASS ALSO CHECK THE CROSS OVER AND THE GAIN SHOULD BE TURNED UP THAT WILL IMPROVE BASS TREMENDOUSLY.

Alex
BOSS rates their amps WAY over what they can actually produce. The MTX probably put out more power. Ever wonder why you paid more for the MTX than the BOSS? You get what you pay for.....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us