Rel B3 or Velodyne DD-10?

Bronze Member
Username: Darrenmc

Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada

Post Number: 73
I don't know much about subs but I know both are very good subs. I would be using the sub for mostly home theatre as I prefer to use just my floorstanders in 2 channel. My fronts are Gallo Ref 3.1's. My room is 15x12x7 so it's fairly small and I don't have many options as to where I can place the sub which is why I'd be looking at a smaller one. Another option is to just buy the Gallo S.A. amplifier for the second coil of the Gallo Ref 3.1 's which goes down to 22Hz. Is adding a sub overkill in such a small room? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Gold Member
Username: Mike3

Wylie, Tx USA

Post Number: 1156
While I like the idea of the S.A. Amplifier, it sort of acts like a super-tweeter for the bass for me, I think your room may have issues with it.

Will your dealer let you demo it? The cohesiveness is amazing and I doubt you could get the same with a stand alone unit. If you could demo it or buy the S.A. with a 30 day full refund it would behoove you to at least try it. If it were an all or nothing deal (no demo / no return option) I don't think it is worth the risk with your space. FWIW.

P.S. I do not know if WAF is a consideration for you but the Gallo S.A. takes up a lot less space than a sub.

Bronze Member
Username: Darrenmc

Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada

Post Number: 74
Michael,
I can't demo it so it'd probably be best not to buy it and be disappointed. Thanks for the response.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us