JL 10W7 HT SEtup?

Silver Member
Username: Vash3000

Post Number: 106
Anyone heard or have any experience putting a JL 10W7 in a ht setup? I looked at JL's home audio and it seems as if they just dumped the W7's in a box built for home, and add some other stuff to it. Im new to the ht setup. Im thinking about using one of my 10w7 in a ht if it sounds good.

Gold Member
Username: Touche6784

USA

Post Number: 1225
I can't imagine a decent car audio sub not working well as an HT sub if that is all you will be using it for. Realize that you don't necessarily need 1000 watts in home audio to get good results like you may in car audio. If you design the box well and mate it with a good amp then I see no reason why you shouldn't try.

Silver Member
Username: Vash3000

Post Number: 107
Im new to the HT subs. So I dont know if its exactly the same as car subs, where you just build the box out of mdf and make sure no air leaks and thats pretty much it. But for ht, dont you have to spray something inside of the box? Or is building a box for ht subs the same as for car subs?

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 9803
Car subs are often built to fit the vehicle.
HT subs are built to the specs of the driver and the box follows the specs, usually with a matching amplifier.
There is a difference.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us