Marantz good match with MA

Silver Member
Username: Chicomoralessxm

Dutch islesCaribbean

Post Number: 219
Just wondering Is this int amp any good was considering getting one with a pair of MA bookshelves I just ordered. Would that be a good matching? or should i simply go with the Nadc352? or for the complete package try the Outlaw 2150

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 6045
Or a Cambridge....hmmm!

Silver Member

Dutch islesCaribbean

Post Number: 220
lol know you are butting me back to square 1. I was trying to shy away from the CA since I was told they are a little brighter but very detailed more so than the NAD. I was looking for slightly warmer sound though. If only i could demo!!!1 would love to heard how the CA sounds with my Opera Speakers

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 6046
CA had a rep as bright early on...I think you'd be surprised now. A little more engaging than NAD and a little less rough around the edges, though not as brash as Rotel. Give it a try...never know...

Silver Member

Dutch islesCaribbean

Post Number: 221
WHich model would you reccomend for my price range the CA540 was hoping to keep my budget under $550. I guess Art you are not a nad or marantz fun then?

Silver Member

Dutch islesCaribbean

Post Number: 222
Or is it they dont have nice synery with Monitor Audio? or inparticular with the S2 that i'm getting.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 6050
Minumum the 640 Chico...I'll be quite honest, I'm not sure how they will sound with the MA's. I've heard both but not together. Here's my thinking (and God I hope you haven't seen another one of my threads tonight or you know I ain't thinking...lol)...the NAD and CA will be similar relative brightness...and I'm beginning to hate that generic term which means who knows what...but the NAD will have a similar tonal balance without the same ability as the Cambridge to communicate the musical message...Rotel gear, for me, communicates quite well however it lacks the balance and composure that both the NAD and Cambridge do. It tonal balance shifts more radically with the differences in source more than the other two and is too often going to be described as bit strident but without a lot of detail...ouch. I like Rotel but probably not with MA which is detailed but smooth unless used with gear that don't match....Rotel etc.

Silver Member

Dutch islesCaribbean

Post Number: 223
The CA640is going for about 599 i think? on AA and avhifi. So what are you opinions on marantz. Was very curious about AC4l the 7200 lookis quite tempting for the price. But than again my question is how will it mesh with those MA's. I take it you are not a fan of Marantz's well newer lower price offerings. btw thanks for the heads up with regards to Rotel and MA's lack of blending i nearly jumped on Agon sellers ra1062

Silver Member

Dutch islesCaribbean

Post Number: 224
You know something art the more i think of it the more i should prob get the Outlaw 2channel receiver especially on of those bstock deals. MA and outlaw?

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 6052
I honestly don't think that the Marantz sounds very good. Slow and muted...not the type of presentation that I enjoy. Perhaps the Outlaw would be a good match...if you get it you can tell us.

Silver Member

Dutch islesCaribbean

Post Number: 225
Well art my setup is coming along just got a used ca640 v2 should hopefully ship to me on saturday so in a week or so i'll be hooking up those MA's and i'll let you know

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 6131
Hoping for the best...if after break in it isn't right don't be afraid to make a change. Should be great though...lookin' forward to your report.

Silver Member

Dutch islesCaribbean

Post Number: 226
Well i went with a demo pair of MA so they should be broken in ok.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 9740
If you got it pre loved and a fair deal, not much to lose cept'n shipping, Chico.
Let us know.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 6138
I was referring to the amp.

Silver Member

Dutch islesCaribbean

Post Number: 227
Well art the CA should arrive here by next week just got to my shipper in miami. Also i swtiched my mind i decided to with the RS1 instead of the S2 like i was origianlly planing 2 do. I'm also on the lookout for a tuner. Is the nad C425 any good? or should i look at the match CA tuner. Or should i look into maybe a used magmun dynalab dt-5 that some one has? or hmm the elcheapo route..... on of those tangent clock radio's since i'm not to picky. Just the nad or magnum would sure look nicer for sure. prob sound nicer too.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 6192
Would look cool with the matching tuner however you also might look into vintage or even a Tivoli Model One Ttable radio (to hook up to the system).

Silver Member

Dutch islesCaribbean

Post Number: 230
Sounds like a good idea.I was looking at the tangent tabletop radio also. But the matching CA would look much better for sure. Reception wise would i not much a difference between the 2? Oh by the way are i'm seriously considering moving up a little and gettting the RS6 but, now i'm wondering if i where how the 640 that is on its way will fit in. Was intially going with a bookshelves,but well i think they floorstanders will be worth the investment and the pleasure.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 6211
Monitor Audio Speakers are not difficult to drive and your CA integrated should do just fine.

Silver Member

Dutch islesCaribbean

Post Number: 231
Cool i noticded they are quite efficient. Was thinking of later adding either the Parasound 2125, Vincent SP331, or used Bryston if i can find a good deal.

Silver Member

Dutch islesCaribbean

Post Number: 234
Guys.....just wondering. I am picking up my CA640 today from the shipper going to hear how it sounds with my mini monitors(before i ship them:-) and my opera mezza's.
I believe i read somewhere that psb and CA sound to pretty ok together. Would the PSBt45 be a nice fit? They are a little cheaper than the MA RS6. But i noticed they are front ported which Is a plus since place with be a little tricky. What i'm wondering based my my our listening tastes will they sound as good? In the bass department for sure and all round imaging, dynamics and soundstage. Also how will they pair with the CA? Will it have enough juice for them since i believe they a less effiecient. In the looks department i'd by the MA right now lol. But the sound is what matters right?

Silver Member

Dutch islesCaribbean

Post Number: 235
Art any thoughts

Bronze Member
Username: Jmsoave

South Lake Tahoe, CA USA

Post Number: 77
For what it's worth, I have the CA 640A paired with the silver RS6, and I couldn't be happier...absolutely brilliant. Plenty of power, fantastic imaging, and overall just a smooth, enveloping sound. I actually had the 640A v1, and it wasn't quite cutting it, so I upgraded to the 640A v2, and it's been listening bliss ever since...

Silver Member

Dutch islesCaribbean

Post Number: 236
thanks for your thoughts joe, i was just kinda curious about comparing the of the psb which i mentioned with the MA. I'm pretty much sold on the fact that the CA will do the job power wise for the RS6

Silver Member

Dutch islesCaribbean

Post Number: 237
Anyone compared those two speakers the psb and the MA
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us