Question about NAD C 370

Bronze Member
Username: Luxendel

Post Number: 19
Dear experts here in this cool forum,

I heard that essentially the NAD C 370 consists of C 162 and C 272 combined in one....is this true?

What is the diference if its not?

I still love my NAD C 370 by the way...unbelievable sound and value!!!!

Thanks for being able to learn here so much

Thorsten

Silver Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 988
Almost...It is the C162 and the C270 combined. The C272 is the replacement power amp of the C270. A bit more power. 120X2 vs 150X2.

Obviously separating the power and pre section can be beneficial. Keep on loving the music Thorsten. Cheers.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
@Nick K.

Thank you.

I see now.
Sure, I understand that separation of the sections makes everything fatter and clearer.

But for my budget, it cannot come "fatter"....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
Again me...
...and another silly newbie question:

I have my system's power chords running in a power-switch with 6 inputs (see picture).

Now, I kind of like to shut off the NAD c370+c542 with the remote control by pressing the "standby"-button.
The items click out, lights go orange (stand-by) and then I switch off the power-switch on the 6x-power-supply-stuff.

Is this method ok or should I shut down the NAD-items by "really" closing them down via "power-off"-button???

With the "stand-by-method" , when I then switch on the 6x-power-supply, the amp and CD-player are ready to go (lights are green then). This is pretty cool.

So no damage to the items via the stand-by-mode???Upload

Silver Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 995
That should be fine Thorsten. I personally leave my NAD stuff IN standby mode at all times. I rarely shut them completely off, only if Im going away for a few days at a time or something. I think its actually harder on an amp to completely shut it down on a daily basis, kind of like a computer.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
Thank you very much, Nick K.

Reassuring words.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us