Sub Integration???

Bronze Member
Username: Scorpio1

Post Number: 16
After listening to my Focal 807V's for a few, I believe I would like to add a sub. My question in relation to my music only system is should I purchase matching sw800V sub by Focal or different brand.

Other options have been narrowed down to the following: Velodyne, Sunfire, SVS or HSU). Any suggestions/recommendations.......

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 9385
Sure, Ed. Take a good hard look at your room, and do a little research on standing waves, wave cancellation and room treatments.
A square room makes for overcancelling waves and cancellation.
Read up, no matter which unit you choose.
Doing the reading is not always available for busy folks, but that is where it starts.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
Thanks Nuck. The last few days I have been reading as much as I can find online. Also considered trading up to smaller Focal floorstanders plus sub.

This is a crazy hobby...........

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 9390
It sure can be Ed...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
Nuck-Is it possible for ones brain to perceive better sound from equipment based on looks? I'm awaiting the arrival of a new audio rack and once I rearrange my system will my brain tell my ears that the sound has improved?

Just a crazy thought......

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
Another question, if I use a sub with stereo inputs and outputs, what input connection on my Adcom GFP-750 should I use?

Silver Member
Username: Ccdoggy

Post Number: 154
Sure, ever heard you taste with you're eyes before you're mouth.

If something looks like crap our brains are already thinking that it will be crap and thus affects the end result on if its good.

Yes i know the sound isent different, our perception and assumptions of it will change the end result.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
So that being the case Steve, the best thing to do is close my eyes and just lose myself in the music so to speak.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us