Sub Connections?? Help???? Help???

Jon K
I owned VSX-811S with Bose Acous. 15 system and with Bose 161 for my Rear Centers. I am very satisfied with my current system except that I need more Bass. I was thinking about adding a JBL 12" Powered Sub additional to my Bose.

But the question is: Can I use a seperate Sub to work on my system? The Bose connections goes from the Receiver to the Bose Sub and then to the Speakers. How can I hook up another Sub? I was thinking about the RCA "Sub Out" connection in back of my Receiver. But I do not know if this will work. Does anybody have any ideas???

Any help would be appreciated.

timn8ter
Yes it should work. What's happening is that you're feeding a full range signal to the AMass bass module which runs through a crossover and is then distributed to your mains. If you get a powered sub it will have it's own amp and crossover so it can run from the sub out jack. You'll need a sub cable which is just a coax cable with two RCA connectors on it. Boy, you'd think after spending $1200-$1500 you'd get decent bass response.

jon k
Actually, I got this whole system as a gift. Paid $0 for it. Thanks for the advise.

Another question:

If I got a powered sub woofer, would the sound from the Bose Base Module and the Powered Sub together sound funny, not clean bass???

Thanks,

JK
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us