Receiver suggestion for JBL NSP1II

help!!!!!
i am planning to buy the JBL NSP1II for around $380 with a pb10 subwoofer included. my total home theater budget is around $750 and i want a receiver and dvd player for that budget. can anyone give me a suggestion for the best i can get with the money to go with the speaker set. i am considering the receiver/dvd combo from jvc, what do u guys think???

Derek
You could get a low-end Pioneer or Kenwood receiver and a $89 Philips or Panasonic DVD player for that remaining $370.

superfecta
Or get a panasonic SAHE 100(which I have and its nice enuf)and a cheap DVD player.And that way you can always upgrade.

dont u guys think that buying a sony or jvc receiver/dvd combo will be a better choice???

I love my NSP-1 system! But it's not all that efficient - don't skimp on amp power. Bare minimum 60 watts per channel X5, better at 100 wpc. And get a subwoofer! But the N-24s sound great!

timn8ter
I think I can safely recommend the JVC RX 8020V. It's a 6.1 channel receiver with plenty of guts. Not bad for a low end model. The Denon 1803 is probably better but I don't think you can find one priced low enough. If you can come up with some extra bucks though go for the Denon. There's plenty of low priced ProScan DVD players including JVC out there. Pick one up, then upgrade when you get the money. Once you've had a cheap DVD player you'll find out why but they work fine in general.

Anonymous
Yamaha RX-V440
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us