Orb mod 2s or Monitor Audio BR2s. 2.1 set up for music

Username: Meme__music

Newry, Down UK

Post Number: 1
Hi, new to this forum .I am looking a 2.1 set up for a small living room. I am using a Teac DR-H 300 DAB system and I recently bought Monitor Audio BR2s and a MA sub. I returned the sub as I thought it was too much as I can get enough bass from the BR2s. The room is only 15ft x 12ft.
I am finding that with the BR2s I would like a brighter sound so was wondering if I should leave them back and order the Orb mod 2s and a sub.
Obviously living in Ireland I would be buying unheard so can anyone give me advice.

Silver Member
Username: Stefanom

Vienna, VA United States

Post Number: 992
My advice would be to listen to everything in your price range that is locally available to you before resorting to shipping something 3500 miles across the ocean to decide whether or not you like it.

Newry, Down UK

Post Number: 2
I am going to go to a shop tomorrow to do this. But I had already done this and the BR2s sounded good in the shop. But when you have them at home for a while you get to pin point things that you wish were different in sound.

Silver Member

Vienna, VA United States

Post Number: 993
Don't just limit yourself to one shop.

Dare I ask how long you listened to the BR2s, and how many of your CDs you used to evaluate it?

How were they set up in the shop?
Were they in a treated room?

Newry, Down UK

Post Number: 3
I will be going to a different shop maybe today, I have been listening to the Br2s for 2 weeks now. A lot of music dvds eg. live concerts. I also listen to a lot of ipod stuff. I know this is compressed music but it still sounds good.
I spent most of last night and this morning listening again and the sound seems to be getting alot better. So maybe it is just getting run in now or I am getting use to the sound. I also have been playing around with the settings on the Teac system and I always had it set on the rock setting which made it more brighter but it doesn't save this setting when you turn it off. So maybe that was another problem. When you hit the loudness button on and off it also switches back to flat mode away from the rock mode.

Silver Member

Vienna, VA United States

Post Number: 999
You might also note that Teac is not exactly well known for producing quality amplification in general.

Newry, Down UK

Post Number: 4
just back from the music store. I listen to my Br2s and the guy in the shop set up the Anthony Gallos Diva, so I didn;t like them. He then set up the Kef iQ5 floorstander, they were a fuller sound but too bass for me, as my Br2s were brighter.
Just before I left he set up a another pair of floorstanders called DALI IKON 5s, wow what a sound he was also using the Teac that I have. I must say this sound blew me away instantly this is what I have been looking for . So the Br2s that cost me £180stg will now be replaced by Dali ikon 5s at £700stg. I was not looking to spent anywhere near this amount but when I heard them they just blew me away.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 8781
Good for you, Damien. You know what you like when you hear it!
The Dalis aint no slouch.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us