Cambridge Audio VS Rega

Username: Flats

Post Number: 2
Hi all

Anyone here compared Cambridge Audio amplifiers
with Rega amplifiers?
Does Cambridge Audio share some PRaT with Rega amplifiers?

I appreciate your opinion in this subject.

Regards

James

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 5370
No.

On the other hand the Rega isn't as neutral as the Cambridge and has to be carefully matched to speakers using our God given instruments...our ears. I prefer the Rega but I also love the Naim sound as I really like a piece of gear who's designer remembered that music is dynamic and driving and both Naim and Rega to lesser but still significant extent have that quality.

Gold Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 1595
http://www.avreview.co.uk/news/article/mps/UAN/777/v/1/sp/

Speaking of the above brands, this is interesting, though how much stock you put in it is up to you. Art's on the money, let your own ears decide.

Post Number: 3
Hi friends thank you for your inputs.

I already own a Rega Brio amplifier and I love the way how it does music.It makes me feel happy.

For my taste the PRaT must be allways present when I`m listening music. I just can`t listen music without it.
I already had diferent amplifiers playing my music (Sony, Nad 320 bee, Nad 352) and I didn`t like it because all them made me feel tired and bored. I want more power and I`m looking for something more powerfull than my Rega Brio but with PRaT.

By the way, you mentioned the Naim gear and I have read it also makes music based on PRaT which is very interesting too.
I never heard it but does it sounds mutch more powerfull than Rega gear?

Regards

James

Bronze Member
Username: Dudywoxer

ScunthorpeUK

Post Number: 29
No, in fact on a level cost basis the Rega is more powerful. If you like what the Brio does then listen up the range. I started with a Brio, and now have cursa/exon's, but heard amps from Quad, Ayre, Denson, Creek, Naim, and soneteer along the way. The Rega Sound is something that gets to you, and if it is for you then stay with it. Rega gear to my ears makes musical sense, from the entry level stuff through to the top of range, it never looses that musical dexterity. Play your music and rega will make sense of it. What speakers are you driving that makes you want more power.

Post Number: 4
colin

I`m using a pair of Dynaudio Audience 42 as speakers

What differences did you find between Rega gear and Naim gear?

Personally what I love in the Rega gear is the Rhythm, the space around instruments (because it sounds so uncompressed)and the way how it does the voices. The Rega also sounds very melodic to me compared with the other gears which I knew before.

Regards

James

Post Number: 5

Post Number: 6

What differences did you find between Rega gear and Naim gear?

Bronze Member
Username: Dudywoxer

ScunthorpeUK

Post Number: 30
Been a bit busy, sorry, I'm not sure that I can put what I heard into words adequatley. The Naims and Rega's have a differing attitude to music, and although both get the timing, Rhythm, and musical layering right, the Rega gear seems to do it in a more flowing way. It does not matter what musical genre you listen to, the Rega's seem to be able to sort out the interplay between musicians in a very real way. I find naim seems to use leading edges of notes more than Rega. The Rega amps seem to be able to put the artists in their own space, and can untangle the threads of music, letting you hear into the music, but maintains the music as a enitity. It does not strip the music down into Hi Fi requirements and forget to put it back together, it keeps all of the music together. In the case of my current amps the cursa is to an extent holding back the exon's, as in it is not the most revealing of pre's, BUT, when I try a more expensive pre, something goes missing, you get more Hi Fi, but less music. I think that Rega have a fairly simple design brief, music first, and it shines through when you listen.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 5381
"It does not strip the music down into Hi Fi requirements and forget to put it back together, it keeps all of the music together."

Excellent description Colin!

Post Number: 7
Hi all

colin wilson I much appreciate your comments.

Regards

James
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us