Speaker Placement

Silver Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 254
At the risk of sounding like a certain tweaker on this forum, I discovered something this weekend while messing around with my system.

I moved my main front speakers in my HT system out away from the wall about 6 inches (previously they were pushed almost back to the wall). This made a noticeable difference in the sound quality. The bass seemed to be a little tighter, but what I noticed is that the voices in dialog seemed more crisp. Maybe this was just due to the fact that speakers were moved closer to my sitting position.

Silver Member
Username: Stefanom

Vienna, VA United States

Post Number: 916
Nothing voodoo about that. Taking time to place your speakers is as important as taking time to audition speakers.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 11212

http://www.tnt-audio.com/casse/waspe.html

Username: Djcody3000

St. albert , Alberta Canada

Post Number: 2
ya, away from the wall is good. if you listen to 2 ch audio, and want to get critical, get some sort of laser. like a laser level or something and put it on the top of you speaker dead center and dead strait (use a t square) and put something about 2 feet behind your listening spot and point the laser to it. basically your just toeing in your speakers but using the laser thing is much more precise. also you should be equidistant from your speakers. i.e. if there 10 feet apart sit 10 feet from them (triangle)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us