VTF-2 or Infinity Entra Sub Two?

Anonymous
http://www.soundcity.com/product.php?id1=HOME%20AUDIO&product_id=13283

What would be a better subwoofer to get? is the vtf-2 worth an extra $150? judging by the specs and price im leaning more twords the infinity.

G-Man
I have heard the HSU but not the Infinity. The HSU is the best sub I have heard (and have heard of) at its price.

The Infinity MSRP ~$350 and the HSU MSRP $499 is delivered tax-free at that price. Also, the HSU is sold directly from the manufacturer and the Infinity from retailers. Given that retailers usually buy this stuff at 50% off at MSRP--(at least)--it is hard to imagine that they are comparable. So I would imagine Infinty sells the sub to retailers at $150-$200 tops. More likely no higher than $175.

If you just want a loud thud I imagine the Infinities are fine. If you want a sonically refined subwoofer---spend the extra money.

Then again---it is just my opinion. But thousands of audiophiles buy HSU's and I know of none that buy Infinty subs.

Anonymous
But then you have never heard the Infinity and where the thousands of audiophiles figure comes from and what that means is anyones guess. I wouldn't buy half the stuff socalled audiophiles buy. Sorry, but trashing a unit you know nothing about is not of any value. Yes, if its sold at retail, the retailer buys it at a lower price, but that doesn't make it crap. HSU is sold direct, so they keep more of their profit, but they have a smaller market - Infinity sold via retail stores, has a smaller profit margin on each unit, but sells more units. Whether you can infer from that which is better is doubtfull.

Its a subwoofer for crying out loud. It is NOT rocket science, no mater what anyone wants you to think. If the driver is a quality unit and the amp is clean and the box its in is solid built and sturdy - then they are likely all relativly equal.

I went with the infinity after looking and seriously debating over the Hsu unit. $329.99 vs. $500 makes it a no brainer, plus it matches my monitor audio's woofers!

G-Man
Actually--making good subwoofers is difficult. The ability of a subwoofer to play at 25-30Hz at very low distortion and at fairly loud db's is extremely difficult--particularly under $500.

Anonymous indicates he knows squat--How does he determine a good driver? Many subwoofers under $500 can have the specs of 25-30Hz +/- 3 db's--but it borders on being meaningless.

How loud is the subwoofer playing at that measurement? How high is the distortion at 25-30Hz at 75 db's, at 90 db's, and at 105 db's?

Does the subwoofer play a fairly constant db's across its' frequency range?

Look at a site such as audioreview.com There are 102 reviews on the HSU VTF-2--none on the Infinity Entra Two. I would be shocked if more models of the Infinity Entra Two are sold than the HSU VTF-2.

And I like many of the Infinity subs and speakers--particularly the more expensive RABOS systems subs--they are great.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us