£3k Amp Advice

Username: Diana_krell

Post Number: 1
Hello

Please help. I have recently upgraded from Kelly KT3 Speakers to Mordaunt Short Performance 6, when probably the last thing I needed to upgrade. I have a budget of £4-5k to replace my Roksan Caspian CD player and Audiolab 8000s Amp. The problem is that I haven't found a hi fi dealer with experience of partnering these with different kit so am wondering if anyone out there has and/or could give suggestions.

Hi Fi Choice reviewed them with Marantz SA equipment which appears equally elusive to be able to demo. However when I first auditioned for my previous system I listened to a CD 17KI sig and found the sound all to lifeless for my liking.

Equipment I have in mind to demo is Krell Kav 400xi; Leema Tucana; Sugden A21se; Pathos Logos or Unison Research; and Audio Zone Pre T1 and monos. I have also been recommended to try both a Luxman 509f for which I can't find a review and DK design. Any comments on any of these or other suggestions would be great.

Also how do the more mainstream brands compare at like prices, such as Roksan monos; Naim; Musical Fidelity etc? I would have thought they should have a cost advantage given their size but have been told that at this sort of money better can be found elsewhere.

Thanks

Mark

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 4655
Mark, I would have thought that at your price point you would have your target set already.

I would suggest you try the Bryston line.
In the ssb series, the 9's are rather fabulous.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us