Sub doesn't always turn on

Bronze Member
Username: Snmhanson

Post Number: 16
I have a Proficient S-12 powered sub connected to a Pioneer 1016 receiver that has inconsistent performance. The sub is set on auto sensing and only turns on about half the time I am listening to the receiver. Even if I change audio source and make sure there is something with alot of base it still won't power up. Additionally, if I switch the sub to on I still don't get any sound out of it and changing the listening mode on the receiver doesn't help either. I have gone through the receiver setup and the speakers are all set to small and the sub is set to yes so it looks like it is all set up correctly. Usually if I unplug and replug the feed to the sub it will then work so it almost seems like it is a sensing issue in the sub except that the sub still won't process sound when I turn it to on if it is not already working. The only real out of the norm issue I could see is that I have about 20 feet of coax going between the receiver and the sub to carry the signal. So I have a sub cable from the receiver to the coax and then another sub cable from the other end of the coax to the subwoofer. I am using Leviton Quickport connectors at each end of the coax cable. I will experiement with hooking the sub directly to the receiver with one interconnect but I don't think that is the real problem here. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Matt
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us