Athena vs polk

Username: Shamuchef

Post Number: 2
this has most likly been asked be for but ill ask it again .. i need to know what is better athena as-f2.2 or polk rti 10 i want to purchase the best one .i need advice

Silver Member
Username: Exerciseguy

Brooklyn, NY USA

Post Number: 657
depends.

Bronze Member
Username: Marsden

Capital City

Post Number: 38
If I may interject here, I believe that what Mr Exerciseguy is saying is that to compare two such speakers can be a complex and subjective matter, susceptible to extended (if not endless) speculation, conjecture, and argument.

He is not recommending adult undergarments.

Or perhaps I'm mistaken :-)

Silver Member

Brooklyn, NY USA

Post Number: 658
no actually I was.

Silver Member
Username: Gamerdude

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 245
F2.2s

Silver Member
Username: Edison

Glendale, CA US

Post Number: 843
I would go with Athenas.
If you add a sony sub for $60, it will sing for you - if you have a surround sound receiver with a sub out.

Sony sub can be bought at Bestbuy, or ordered from here :
http://www.mytaxfree.com/viewproducts3.aspx?ID=1429&REF=shpng

You will like the combination - especially on female vocal music - it had me dancing for an hour when I first heard it.

These sound even better to my ears for about the same cost : http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?satitle=beta+20+speaker

Silver Member
Username: Twebbz

Oakland Park, Florida USA

Post Number: 443
If your room is medium to large, is fully carpeted and has many other sound absorbing characteristics, the Athena AS-F2s are a good choice.

I moved from the above to a house that has a large tiled great room with a vaulted ceiling. My Athena AS-F2s are too bright.

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 246
Why a sony sub? there not too great... but those infinitys looked nice

Post Number: 3
the athena f2.2 does not have a midrange speaker. so is it all bass and treble??

Post Number: 4
i keep hearing you get what you pay for and dont want buyers remorse. i have heard the rti10 at sound advice but i canot find anywhere to listen to the athenas ihave heard they are good but at 400.00 a pair it makes me think walmart quality.. i hope im wrong

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 247
Well if your in canada check out futureshop and there no where near wally world quality! they need atleast 50 hours for break in Good luck!

Silver Member
Username: Twebbz

Oakland Park, Florida USA

Post Number: 444
No they are not Wal-Mart quality. The Athenas are very solidly constructed and their fit and finish is flawless. BUT, you can't listen to them in the USA because they are only sold via the internet. The most reputible site to buy them from is www.audioadvisor.com and they have a good return policy but sending them back if you didn't like them would be a BIG hassle and cost you a shipping charge. I sent back AXIOM towers so I know. BOTTOM LINE, forget the Athenas. Get speakers that you can listen to BEFORE you buy.

Silver Member

Brooklyn, NY USA

Post Number: 667
Athenas are first rate speakers, but so are those Polks that were suggested earlier, they should not be outright dismissed, they are a bit most expensive, but are well reviewed & are real wood veneer. I'd like to hear them.

John, what is you budget? What kind of amp or receiver are you using. For music or home theater?

Most speaker designs today utilize a Mid/Woofer driver that handles midrange frequencies and the better part of the low frequencies range. In order to really get some "RUMBBLE" with these designs you will need to purchase a separate subwoofer.

Silver Member

Brooklyn, NY USA

Post Number: 669
I should add that some speakers that use two Mid/Woofers will use a crossover to utilize one for midrange and the other for lower-frequencies.

Silver Member
Username: Edison

Glendale, CA US

Post Number: 847
The sony sub has a digital amp section which makes it liquid in sound like an upscale piece - was well received by the pros if you google search for it.

Believe me - you are in for a treat if you hear the Athena sony comb. with yamaha receiver - for so little money, you will be in sonic nirvanah.

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 248
I guess some are better then other becuase the one sony sub i heard sounded like crap but ill take your word for it

Gold Member
Username: T_bomb25

Dayton, Ohio United States

Post Number: 1453
The RTi series is superior to the Athenas,but their are other options other than those 2.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us