Partnering NAD with Rotel, what will effect the sound most Procesor/Pre's or Amps

Username: Pramodapple

Sharjah, UAE United Arab ...

Post Number: 3
Question 1 : I have recently purchased a used RMB 1075 and old RSP 966 processor, how do these both sound in terms of Music then HT usage. I know 966 is only Pro Logic and DTS/5.1 and has no other DSP's other other new formats etc. but my question is, are the dynamics of the processor are as good as RSX 1055, (which also I own) IF not then I'm planning to use my 1055 as a processor to my new RMB 1075, I just need 5.1 as of now, so if I do not connect the speakers to my RSX 1055 then the internal Amps will be used or the unit will just act like a processor... And in future if I want 7.1 then how can I use the two channels of 1055 for back surround duty.

Question 2 : I also have NAD Stereo Pre Amp 162, and I wanted to use these stereo amp for my two channel use by hooking it up to the same RMB 1075, HOW can I DO this...???? I was thinking that, as I have a RCA "Peggy" connector with which you can connect two RCA inputs, so I was planning to connect these to the front two channels input of RMB 1075, so the first input will be from 1055 or 966 and the second input from the NAD Pre 162, I'm I right in doing so., or I will blow anything. Off course I will use only one input at a time. And make sure I will switch off the other input completely,

Question 3: is RSX 1055 processing is a good as RSP 1068....??? I read in this forum that the processing of 1057 is that of 1068, so I'm anxious to know this...

Question 4 : Please advise what is the best processor or alternative to use with my new baby RMB 1075, RSP 1068 is very expensive in my part of the world it is around 1800$', So I'm looking for a cheaper solution... And I was thinking to buy NAD T 163 processor... Which is half the price of 1068... And this raises my another question does any one have partnered this T163 processor with RMB 1075...
What will make a difference in sound THE processor or the amplifier, as I know that NAD is warmer and smoother and Rotel is bit Neutral and detailed... so when I hook up these both which kind of sound out put I will get, the warm sound of NAD or the Neutral and detailed sound of Rotel .... I like both the sounds.... But can I partner Pre and power from different companies.... Will I loose out on anything if I do this.....

Question 5: Can we check the age of Rotel equipments... For example can we find out in which year it manufactured etc.. By looking at the serial no or something... Like Arcam CD players they will stamp their production year on their units as I saw on one of their CD73 unit.....

I'm sorry for the long post but I need these solutions as I have brought 1075 after long savings and I need to settle with this for a long time....

Thx in advance.

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 9227

You are spoiling the dish by adding too many ingredients. Don't work so hard at this and don't stress over whether one thing might be better with this or that. You will probably find that each piece has strengths and weaknesses. It is not our job to tell you what you will prefer. Try the connections you think will work best by listening for yourself. You seem to have done sufficient reading about the products to know how to proceed without any of us insisting you might be wrong in an assumption. Just listen and decide whether there might be a better way with another connection plan. If swapping out components is more than you care to deal with, then go with your best guess, what we say wouldn't matter anyway in that situation.

The best processor is no processor. I suspect you'll find that dynamics and so forth are better in straight two channel mode than in any DSP 3,5, or 7.1 layout. That's probably not what you want to hear, but there are several members of the forum that have done away with the additional channels in order to get back to the purest sound possible. Listen and decide for yourself.

If none of this is what you want to hear, put this question in the "Home Theater" section of the forum. They like the stuff you're talking about.

Username: Pramodapple

Sharjah, UAE United Arab ...

Post Number: 7
Thx for your kind reply. i have posted this on HT board.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us