Panasonic SA-HE200 Fuse Blowing (F70)

Username: Pitboss

Gold Coast, Queensland Australia

Post Number: 1
Thought I should share this;
My Panny SA-HE200 was refusing to start and showing F70 error. Googling the error showed a blown fuse. I replaced the 1.25A fast-blow fuse and it lasted about 2weeks, then I replaced it again, and again, and again . I was replacing the damn fuse every 7-10 days for about a year and believe me it was a PAIN.
Then someone suggested I try a slow-blow fuse as he reckoned that a surge when the amp starts up was pinging the fast-blow fuses.
It worked A TREAT, I've had the same slow-blow in for 10 weeks now and no problem.
Hope this can help others!

Silver Member
Username: Hannjeff

Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 177
DO you think, that in the case of a real surge the slow blow fuse could possible allow the surge to cause some damage? Or do you feel that your surge supressor (power bar) would take the surge and it wouldnt pass to the reciever, so, it wouldnt make a difference in the world?

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 8857

I can only suggest you do not subsitute fuse values for the recommended value from the receiver manufacturer. The fast blow was in there for a reason. In all likelyhood, Panasonic was aware of the problem and decided to make an in-field repair once the receiver was on the market. I would begin by contacting Panasonic or getting on their web page to find any updates for your receiver. There is a good chance the update will be done for free for a certain period of time. Going from a fast blow to a slow blow fuse allows the ciruit to draw significantly more current before the slow blow fuse breaks. Not only could this ultimately damage your receiver but it is a fire hazard. If you insist on running slow blow fuses, you should step down in amperage. Try a 1/2 amp slow blow and see if it will stay in the circuit. If not, step up 1/4 amp at a time until you find the fuse that will remain unbroken. With a 1 1/4 amp fast blow installed from the factory, I would be hestitant to run anything higher than 3/4 amp slow blow.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us